Monday, August 27, 2007

Weekend Update and Monday Monday

Well, this weekend was my first trip of the season with the Samford volleyball team. I do have to say that I think we will be better this year, but I don't want to say too much to ginx them. I often do that with my MState Bulldogs -- I say they should win six games one season and they end up winning only three. Whatever.

I think the girls are much better this year. We have two really good freshman and one who hasn't really had a chance to prove herself yet. Plus, team morale is much better this year. I think the negativity has been laid to rest and they really are thinking positively. I really think that they just need to win a couple of games and get a taste of what it feels like to win, so they can win more than six matches this year. They played some really tough teams this weekend and at times they played well so I think it was good to go up against some tough teams before the season really gets going.

The weekend was all-in-all good except for the part where I got sick to my stomach in Ruby Tuesday on Friday. I ordered the two mini-burgers with the salad bar and those who know me know that I love me some black olives. Friday was no different. I headed up to the salad bar and piled the olives onto my salad. I finished my salad and started working on my burgers, but I could only get one burger down before my stomach started to feel full. I didn't really understand it and I though that maybe it was because I had eaten a big lunch that my stomach was full...that is, until I started feeling a little quezzy and high-tailed it, in an ever so nonchalant way to the ladies' room. No one expected a thing.

I flinged the door open and headed for the nearest stall and it all came up. The poor girl next to me shouted, "Are you okay? Do you want me to get your friends?"

I finally was able to answer her, "Nope. I'm good. Thanks you though," all the while thinking, "This girl probably things I have an eating disorder. Greeeeeaaaat."

Anyway, ten minutes later, I'm perfectly fine, sitting back at the table, no one knows anything. It wasn't until I was back at the hotel in the room telling my parents what happened on the phone, when anyone knew what had happened. Lindsay, our cute little blond-haired pixie of an assistant coach walked in on my convo and immediately exclaimed, "You did what at the restaurant? Are you pregnant?" As my eyes grew somewhat bug-like, I politely said, "No way," and continued my conversation. Later I went and got a Sprite from the Coke machine and ruffled through my back to find some Ritz crackers.

I started munching because I was so incredibly hungry, and Lindsay says, "Sprite and crackers. That's a pregnant woman's snack." I quickly replied with, "Well, my sister eats grapes but it unless this is the 'Immaculate Conception #2', I don't think we have anything to worry about.

Come to find out, it was the olives because "Matt the Trainer" (as I call him) was the only other person to have black olives, although not a pile like me, and he said he got sick at about midnight the night before.

Anyway, the rest of the trip was great besides the two losses but our girls sure do know how to eat. We had breakfast at Cracker Barrell (Yum!) and then ate dinner at Jason's Deli (Yum! Yum! They have free soft-serve.)

That is pretty much my weekend in a nutshell. On to Monday....

Today is the first day of classes at Samford. I think we are the only university in the nation, or at least on the east coast that starts this late. Of course, this has it's bad points like not being able to find parking spaces and random new kids standing in the middle of the street while cars are trying to pass. However, it also has it's good points too -- like having some of my favorite student workers back around. (Shout out to Ruth, Lydia, Megan, Gavin, Mejia (Jessica is her first name), and Kat.) I was so happy to see these kids back in action today (although Gav does get a little annoying and can bring office production to a screeching halt every once in a while). Not only is it just exciting to have them back in the office to talk to and find out what they did all summer, but that means a load off of us around here. Yay for fun student workers!

I'll leave you with a few tidbits of news/info that I've found interesting over the past few days.




1. The Little Dooey has once again been given a much-desired Herbie Award by famous and good-looking ESPN sportscaster Kirk Herbstreit.













2. MSU president Robert H. "Doc" Foglesong has started growing a beard and vows to not shave until the Bulldogs win. (I'm usually an optimist but I would have to tell ol' "Doc" he's going to have to wait a few weeks.)









3. Lindsay Lohan has cocaine charges completely dropped. Someone get me the number for her lawyer. Maybe he/she can get me out of some speeding tickets.

"If I were a normal person, I'd be doing six months to a year for two felonys dealing with cocaine. It good to be Lindsey Lohan!"

No comments:

Post a Comment