Tuesday, January 20, 2009

This Guy Is Good

Please go read this post by my new favorite blogger, Andy. And if you like it, read his series "Why Guys Aren't Asking You Out". I promise you will be hooked. And if you get hooked, tell other people about him. Because he's awesome like that. Or, I guess I should say, God is awesome like that.

Andy is going through a similar situation that I am, except he actually knows what he is supposed to do. I, on the other hand, am still trying to figure that small detail out.

However, in today's post, he mentions the Parable of the Talents (Matthew 25:14-30).

And I couldn't say it any better so I'm going to post what he said. Giving him all the credit, of course.

"In Matthew 25, Jesus tells the story of three men who were given money by their master. Two of the men invest their money and make a return. When the master returns, they’re rewarded for their diligence. But the third man hid his talent in the ground and was punished for his laziness.

I feel like I’ve been the lazy servant all this time – that I’ve buried my talent in the ground – keeping a job I don’t like because it makes me feel safe and comfortable and secure and important."

As I said before, I don't think I could have said it better myself.

If you are the praying kind, please pray for Andy as he ventures out on this journey (listen to me talk about him like I actually know the guy). And pray for me as I seek wisdom about what God is calling me to do from the only One who can give it (James 1:5-6).

No comments:

Post a Comment