Thursday, June 10, 2010

Blog-Linkity Goodness 9.10.10

So really, the blog neglect is out of control. But considering that I'm a little overwhelmed with life right now to be able to form complete sentences that might entertain the four people that read this, I'm going to go ahead and tell myself that it's okay.

However, I'm back today with another edition of Blog-Linkity Goodness. And trust me, there's some mega goodness today.

- Bryan Allain lives in Amish country and often times documents his sighting on his blog. This time he got video of them enjoying a little volleyball. I know it shouldn't be funny, but it just is.

- It was the bad call heard around the world. MLB umpire Jim Joyce's blown call last week that erased Detroit Tiger Armando Galarraga's perfect game sent sports fans, and non-sports fans, into an upheaval over whether the call should be reversed. Both Joyce and Galarraga handled it amazingly. And instead of putting my own thoughts here, I thought I'd let a professional do it. Here's Donald Miller's take. And it's a good one.

- If you didn't see America's Got Talent the other night, this is about the only thing you missed. And it was amazing.



Thoughts:
1. Nick Cannon lied. EVERY light didn't go off.
2. I'd like to visit that fraternity house.
3. Um, wow.

- Improv Everywhere does it again. Their latest mission.



- I've said it before and I'll say it again, these kids are amazing. And that voice is coming out of a 10-year-old.



- This post of Jon Acuff's from Stuff Christians Like spoke straight to me heart yesterday. Sometimes we're okay with letting God take over the steering but we still want to control the speed.

- And finally, Dave Barnes made his soap opera debut on All My Children yesterday and he'll be on again today with a real speaking part. If you missed it, full episodes are on ABC.com or catch the replays on SOAPnet. This is huge and I hope it's just the jumping off point for him. Here's a little behind the scenes look from Dave.


Y'all have a great Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment