Tuesday, December 29, 2009
“A Lamb’s Story"
A Scottish story told by a former shepherd
When a little lamb dies for some reason, the skin can be taken from the dead lamb & placed over an orphan lamb which can then be introduced to the mother whose lamb has also died. She will smell the scent of her own lamb & will accept it as her own. Usually after a day or so the skin can be removed, as a permanent bond will have been established between the mother & the lamb.
Remember God killed animals to make coats of skin for Adam & Eve.
When Jesus died on the cross His blood was shed for us. He provided a coat, or a cover for us, which we put on by faith & God accepts us because He smells the sweet fragrance of Jesus on us. When you see the little adopted lamb skipping & jumping in the field you must remember another lamb died to give this one a new life. Likewise, when you see a sinner, saved by grace adopted into God’s family & enjoying a close relationship with Him, we must remember a lamb died to make this possible. The Lamb of God, but remember, Jesus rose again from the dead because He had no sins of his own. The adopted lamb sometimes finds it strange to be with a different mother than its’ own, but it soon settles down if it is well fed.
Likewise, God’s children who have been rescued from the devil can take a little more time to get adjusted to a relationship with God, but God being well able to meet His child’s every need soon settles down, although sometimes, may also take a little more time than a lamb.
Ephesians 1: 3-8
Told by Donnie Black, a Scottish former shepherd, who instead of herding sheep, now tends to young men at The Haven, Kilmacolm, Scotland.
Monday, December 28, 2009
A. Go to Australia.
B. See Billy Joel in concert.
C. My own wedding.
E. Swim with dolphins.
302. Will you try to accomplish any of these things within the next year?
I'm always trying to accomplish these things.
303. What do you feel controlled by?
I'd like to say the Holy Spirit.
304. If Jesus appeared to you and told you that the moon was made of green cheese would you believe him?
Sure would. And then I'd ask him to take me to see it.
305. What is one thing you are sure of?
My faith in Jesus Christ and the fact that I will live with him forever.
306. At what part of the day do you feel the most alert?
Usually the afternoon. Between 11-3.
307. Have you ever played in a band?
Can't say that I have. But Kristin Berry and I had a plan for a band all laid out once upon a time. It just never panned out.
308. Have you ever stared into the ocean thinking 'early creatures crawled outta that'?
Nope. I usualyl stare into the ocean thinking, "God made all of that."
309. If not, what do you think of when you are staring into the ocean?
310. Do you like the mental challenge of chess or other games?
311. Do you ever think of where your atoms were before they were in you?
312. Do you ever think about where your atoms will go after they have been in you? Nope. Won't really care because I'll be worshipping in Heaven.
313. If you didn't know that people couldn't fly do you think that you could?
I would LOVE that.
314. Are you someone that others call when they're having a problem and want to talk about it?
There are a few people who do.
315. When it comes to literature, do you see beyond the writing and into the meaning intended by the author?
Yes. I read into EVERYTHING.
316. Is there anything you can take apart completely, and then put back together, and have no left over parts?
317. What are your feelings about the death penalty?
That's tough. On one hand, I think if you are willing to take the life of someone else then you should be willing to lose your life as a consequence to that action. However, on the other hand, it's punishment enough for some to just live with the choice that they have made. Also my God is a God of second chances, and I'm taught to strive to be more like Him. So...
318. If there was a god and you could ask him/her one question what would it be?
Why all the bugs?
319. Do you believe that life will be found on other planets?
Sure. Life like there is here? No.
320. What is something worth suffering for?
My belief and faith in Christ.
321. If you could put an extra eye on your body anywhere you wanted, where would you put it?
The back of my head.
322. Are you in touch with the earth and nature?
I'm in touch with the God who created it.
323. Would you rather live simply or extravagently?
I would love everything that comes with an extravagent lifestyle. However, if it came down to living simply with those I love or living extravagently alone, I'd choose the simple life.
324. Have you ever been camping?
Yep. A couple of times.
325. Is your heart open when you meet someone new?
Not at first. Depends on the feeling and vibe I get from them.
326. Are you able to have conversations with and become friends with people who are not like you and are interested in different things than you are?
327. Are strangers more beautiful or frightening to you?
I hate to say it but it depends on what they look like. If they look big, mean and scary, I'm a bit frightened.
328. What stops you from doing everything you want to do?
Not having enough confidence in knowing that I can do it at all.
329. Can you think of three adjective that do not apply to you at all?
snobby, uptight, angry
330. How do you feel about Jeremy Jaynes, who got a nine year prison sentence for spamming people with junk email?
I think he's a weirdo who has too much time on his hands.
331. Do you know who the current premier of China is?
Thanks to google...Wen Jiabao
332. Are you very active?
Not really. I wish I were more active.
333. Is there a city that reminds you of the landscape of your brain?
334. Have you ever loved someone who has loved you back?
335. Is it really being 'in love with' someone if the other person doesn't love you?
Yep. It only takes one to love. That's why it's called unrequited love.
336. Do you believe that there is someone perfect for everyone or that people just fall in love with who ever they are with at the time?
You're asking the wrong gal.
337. Do you know secret things?
338. Have you ever fallen in love with someone you shouldn't have?
339. How do you overcome your fears?
340. What can you do better than anyone you know?
I can stuff an insane amount of grapes in my mouth.
341. Would you benefit from a wilder existence?
I really don't know what this means.
342. Does it seem to you like the range of socially acceptable behavior is getting smaller or larger?
The way I'm reading this, I think the range of socially acceptable behavior is getting wider and wider. There are things that are acceptable today that wouldn't even have been acceptable when I was 10.
343. Have you ever fired a gun?
A pellit gun. And a paint ball gun.
344. Are people becoming more afraid of each other?
In a way, yes. And in a way, no. I think our government is making us afraid of each other. I think in a way people are becoming more accepting of each other.
345. If you had to choose the percentage of freedom vs. safety what ratio would you decide on (ex: 100% free 0% safe)?
346. Does safety stifle you?
347. Who or what needs to be stopped?
There is a long list of stuff I could list here.
348. Are human beings becoming more domesticated?
What does this even mean. Human beings have always been domesticated. It's not like we are wild hogs or anything.
349. Do you follow the lives of the British Royal Family?
I'm a little obsessed.
350. How did the death of Pope John Paul II affect you?
351. Have you ever lost something and never found it?
Yep. I had a basketball Popples one time when I was little and I left it at my Dearmom and Boppie's house and never got it back. Sadness still consumes me to this day.
352. Do you listen to any talk radio shows?
Rick and Bubba. And when I'm home in Jackson, I'll listen to Ben Ingram's sports show and Southern Sports Tonight or whatever it's called now.
353. Who do you trust more, your friends or your parents?
354. Would you ever date someone outside of your race or religion?
Religion, no. Race, maybe.
355. Which of the 7 deadly sins in the worst (gluttony, greed, pride, lust, envy, wrath, sloth)?
None of them are worse.
356. Which one are you most guilty of?
Probably sloth, to a minor degree.
357. Are you afraid to be alone with yourself?
Do you try to avoid thinking?
358. Would you venture to tell someone you loved him or her if they didn't say it first?
I tend to say what I feel these days so I wouldn't put it past myself to do this. Although, it would probably be accompanied by a sarcastic undertone to lessen the blow if the feeling wasn't mutual.
359. What are you the most sensitive about?
The innertube around my waist and my skin.
360. What can you talk about for hours?
sports, music, high school
361. Do you talk about yourself, other people, or ideas the most?
I'd say I talk about these three things the least of anything. I tend to keep ideas to myself because I'm insecure about what other people will think about them. And although, I do like to be the center of attention, as any Leo would, I don't really like to talk about myself, unless it in reference to a funny story. I don't take compliments easily. And I do talk about other people, but I try to keep it to a minimum and as positive as I can.
362. Do you believe that spell casting can work?
Not at all.
363. Are you a fan of The Legend of Zelda games?
I loved to play that game on my Gameboy but I could never really figure it out.
364. What old movie would you go see if it were re-released in the movie theaters?
The Wizard of Oz or Meet Me In St. Louis.
365. Is there a celebrity that you would be too starstruck to talk to if you met them?
I don't think so. I try to play it cool.
366. Have you ever left a mean unsigned note?
Not mean. But unsigned. Yes. On my neighbors door when I lived in the Cotton District.
367. Do you think it's cheesy to paste things you didn't write into your diary?
368. What are three things that you try not to think about?
my death, the death of others and bad memories
369. Is casual sex acceptable for you?
370. What form of sexual protection do you use?
I don't because I don't.
371. What is expected of you that you feel is unnatural or not right?
Nothing that I can think of.
372. Do you sometimes place your own expectations on other people?
I found that I did this regularly with a specific person and it lead to a unhealthy relationship and a bad goodbye. So...yes.
373. Do you sometimes act overeager to make friends when you are around strangers?
No. I tend to not really care.
374. Do you take everything that is said literally?
375. Do you take most things others say seriously?
Not really. I wouldn't take everything I said seriously.
376. Do you have a quick wit?
377. Do you believe in the need for political correctness?
To a certain extent. Some things people think should be politically correct, though, are just crippling those around us even more.
378. Do you have strong opinions and beliefs?
379. If yes, can you still hang out with and be friends with people who disagree with you?
For the most part, yes.
380. Are you uptight?
I wouldn't say so.
381. Do you sometimes do risky things?
Not usually. I've done my fair share (three or four) of things that I wouldn't normally do, but I am in no way a thrill-seeker, per say.
382. Could just about anyone hold your interest in a conversation for at least ten minutes?
Yeah. I'm pretty good at that. But usually 10 minutes is my cut off because my A.D.D. starts to kick in.
383. Are you self-conscious?
384. What would be your ideal destination for a Saturday afternoon?
Central Park in the spring or the beach in the summer.
385. Does anyone have a video tape of you doing soemthing embaressing?
I'm sure they do.
386. What is Kevin Smith’s best movie?
Catch and Release. Only because I haven't seen a lot of his other movies. I used to really love Dogma but I never really heard him talk until Catch and Release.
387. Where do you like to go on Friday or Saturday nights?
The movies or to a live music show.
388. Do you like your friends to act the same way all the time or do you accept their moods and changes?
I accept their moods and changes.
389. Do you often feel like other people are judging you?
Yes. Do I care? Not really.
390. What do you think other people judge you to be like?
Hmmm. I don't really know.
391. Are you quick to judge others?
I try not to be, but sometimes I catch myself in the act.
392. When you have a fight with someone do you want to talk about it right away or calm down first and then talk?
I usually want to take a break from it for a few minutes so I can sort out my thoughts but I will not leave until the issue is settled. And if I do walk away, you are supposed to come after me.
393. Some say love is a river (according to the old song). What do you say love is?
394. What is the worst fault a person can have?
The need to constantly lie.
395. Do you have it?
396. Which do you think has more impact on a person’s character, genetics or environment?
397. Who was your first best friend?
398. If you are not best friends anymore, what came between you?
We are still best friends, to this day.
399. Who have you read a biography about?
I've read several. There's not one that really comes to mind.
400. What would your own autobiography be called?
I don't really now. That's a doozie of a question.
Friday, December 25, 2009
I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas full of family, friends, good food and good times. I know I did and I can even believe it is over.
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
And this guy, who I am absolutely falling in love with, along with every other Mississippi State fan, scored his first points of the year tonight.
That's Sudan native John Riek, for those of you who don't know. He actually scored six points and had seven rebounds, which I thought was pretty darn good for a kid who barely knows English and doesn't understand the American way of basketball so much yet. Plus, kid has a lot of body to lug around. A. Lot. He reminded me of Marcus Campbell a little bit with is lanky-ness and awkwardness on the move.
Speaking of former basketball players, I sat behind one of my favs tonight. Whit Hughes. I had the biggest crush on him when they went to the Final Four in 1994. I remember seeing him at my cousin's wedding many years ago and because star-struck. So when he walked up tonight (I didn't recognize him at first without his swoop of hair), I freaked out a little inside. I was completely placid on the outside however. Ahem.
His sons and I ended up bonding over those silly band things (Silly Bandz). Then they started asking me questions about basketball. And I wanted to say, "Kids, do you know who your daddy is?!? He's the one you should be asking these questions to!"
Anyway, the Bulldogs won. By a lot. And drained 14 three-points. Always my favorite thing.
'Twas a good night.
Monday, December 21, 2009
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Thursday, December 17, 2009
201. Put these creatures in order from what you would least like to be reincarnated as (1), to what you would most like to be reincarnated as (10) assuming reincarnation ended up existing AND you were given a choice.
caterpillar, house dog, wild dog, vulture, male human, female human, oak tree, rock, manta ray, dolphin
2. oak tree
5. male human
6. manta ray
7. wild dog
8. house dog
10. female human
202. What do you feel unworthy of?
grace and salvation
203. Would you rather be remembered for having done something for humanity or being a really nice person?
done something for humanity
204. Which do you value more: science or intuition?
205. Your best friend and your significant other are in the hospital at the same time with the same ailment. Who do you visit first?
If I'm married, I visit the significant other first. If not, best friend. Sisters before misters, people.
206. Does the universe revolve around human beings?
207. If you are no longer a virgin, do you wish you still were?
208. Who is your favorite poet of those who are alive right now?
I don't really know. I'm not so much into poetry.
209. What is your favorite song from the 90's?
That's hard. Right now I'll say, Mariah Carey's "Hero". I wore that cassette tape out.
210. If you were in alphabet soup what letter would you be?
211. Do you believe in fairies, ghosts, aliens, angels, dwarves, elves, etc.?
212. What makes you want to be someone’s friend?
They are fun to be around and I can take something from the relationship, as in learning something from them.
213. Do you troll around the Internet harassing people anonymously for fun?
Uh, no. That's dumb.
214. Have you ever seen the movie A Man Who Fell to Earth?
215. What is your favorite line from a movie?
"Don't ever let anyone make you feel like you don't deserve what you want." - 10 Things I Hate About You
216. What's your favorite video game?
Mario World for SuperNintendo
217. Have you ever taken something that wasn't yours?
I used to take stuff from my sister all the time.
218. What is one phrase people say that irritates you?
I can't think of one phrase but I do correct grammar a lot.
219. You allow strangers to read your diary, but would you let your parents read it?
I don't keep a diary so there's no point in answering this question.
220. Hot steamy bubble bath or quick in and out shower?
Depends on what the circumstances are.
221. Are you allergic to anything?
Don't think so.
222. What is your favorite Terminator movie?
223. What is your favorite fast food?
Krystal or Sonic.
224. What would someone have to do to get you to never speak to him or her again?
Ha. Lie and cheat and take advantage of me. I mean eventually I'll talk to you again but it'll probably take a long while.
225. Would (or have) you ever whip someone or be whipped by someone in bed?
Ok, I think I'm too innocent for this question so I'm just going to pass because I don't really understand it.
226. Have you ever said 'I hate everyone' and really meant it literally?
227. Why do some people want to get more money than they could ever spend?
So they can say that they have more money than they could ever spend. And because they are insecure.
228. Have you ever won a carnival fish?
Don't think so.
229. Did it live more than a week?
230. What's the best sounding accent a person can have?
Oh, my dear. Australian.
231. What's the most boring thing you've ever read?
232. Do you prefer buttons or touch screens?
233. Do you think there is a lot of similarity between the Harry Potter books and the Lord of the Rings series?
I would hope
234. Would you consider yourself to be naive?
No. I've come to realize that I actually know more than I think. Or I guess I'm just very observant.
235. Which of your friends is most likely to go to jail?
I hope none of them.
236. What is the smallest amount of money that could be in a public toilet that would make you reach in and grab it?
20 bucks...I can always wash my hands.
237. Would you ever wear real fur?
I don't know. I'm not so much a fur fan.
238. Arachnophobia or Eight Legged Freaks?
Neither. I hate spiders.
239. What are your feelings about police officers?
They keep me safe. Even when they are giving me a ticket.
240. What is your favorite line from a song?
Right now it's, "But the baby in her womb, he was the make of the moon, he was the Author of the faith, that could make the mountains move." From Andrew Peterson's "Labor of Love"
241. Is fifty dollars a lot of money?
To me? Yes.
242. Do you like the band Front 242?
Never heard of them.
243. Would you rather have fame, money, or self-satisfaction?
244. What's your middle name?
245. What is the absolute limit, the craziest thing you would do for a million dollars?
Anything that doesn't have to do with sex, drugs or nakedness.
246. Are you good, evil or neutral?
I was born with evil (sin) inside of me, but Jesus covers over that now.
247. Should ebonics be considered a language?
248. What color is your bedroom?
What color would you like it to be?
I don't know. I think it'd be cool to have a teal wall.
249. When are you planning to move to a new home?
Not anytime in the near future.
250. If you added up the cost of everything in the room with you, approximately what would it come out to be?
oh wow, maybe $5,000.
251. Do you blow your nose in public?
Yes. Why not?
252. Do you want to follow in your parents' footsteps?
Definitely. My parents have laid out quite a legacy for my sister and me.
253. What is the coolest web site you know of?
I don't know.
254. Which cartoon would you most like to see turned into a movie?
255. Of the following, which word best describes you: enthusiastic, fair minded, generous, helpful helpful?
256. Can you eat with chopsticks?
Not a chance. I'm horrible at it.
257. Could you tell real money from counterfeit?
258. What do you think about school uniforms?
I used to think that I would hate having to wear uniforms to school but now that I look back, I think I would've saved a lot of money on clothes, it would be less of a hassle to pick something out to wear for school everyday and no one would be defined by what they wear.
259. What ancient civilization would you most like to visit?
I'd really like to visit Jerusalem back in the biblical days.
260. What would make a great new Crayola color?
I'll leave that up to the professionals at Crayola.
261. If an art project is created with the intent of getting rich and famous, does that cast doubt over its significance as a work of art?
No because you still have to be artistic to create a piece of art. Every piece of art has its intentions too.
262. If you became president, whom would you invite to sing at your inauguration?
263. Who is the greatest philosopher of your country?
This is a joke, right?
264. If all the nations in the world are in debt, where did all the money go?
I don't know. Ask all the boneheads who spent it. It's probably mostly gone to fund war.
265. Is it as easy to make you happy now as it was when you were a child?
Not really, but close.
266. Who knows more...you, or your parents?
Definitely my parents.
267. What instrument would you like to be famous for playing?
The piano or the guitar. Oooh, or the drums.
268. Children fill their lungs completely with air. Adults breathe in a more shallow way, not filling their lungs completely. Why the change?
That's an interesting question that I don't have the answer to.
269. Would you have sex with a stranger for one million dollars?
270. Are you completely in control of your body?
Are you completely in control of your mind?
271. Which is more romantic: an expensive, glittering bouquet OR flowers that were hand picked as they grew beside the parkway?
272. Do you know yourself well enough to understand why you feel the way you do?
273. Which do you do more often: let movies, songs and books put your feelings into words for you or put your feelings into words by yourself?
Definitely the former. I have a tough time putting how I feel into words.
274. Do you believe celebrities when they are endorsing a product?
275. What kind of movies do you wish were made more often?
Sports movies. They are so inspirational.
276. Does fashion matter to you?
It doesn't matter. But it sure is fun.
277. Should politicians be held to the same legal standards as everyone else?
Yep. We are all human.
278. What do you get in trouble for the most?
279. Should parents spank their kids?
Sure. I was spanked and I turned out good. I think it all depends on the child and the circumstances. Different children respond to different kinds of discipline.
280. What is your worst daily habit?
281. If you had your choice, which one TV show would you have canceled?
The Bad Girls Club. Redonk.
282. Do you like the taste of sweet or salt?
Both. But always end on salt.
283. Are you very precise about what words you use to describe your feelings and thoughts?
284. What do you feel the most guilty about?
Sometimes the way I spend my money.
285. Do you meditate?
286. Can dreams be visions, or do you feel they are always random images?
Sure they can by visions.
287. Do you try to write/say what you are feeling in a true and simple way?
288. The thief _______ that everyone steals.
What verb would you fill in the blank with?
289. What's the most incredible experience you ever had?
It's a tie between my trip to Honduras, seeing Wicked on Broadway, or walking around in Central Park
290. Are you ever afraid to write/say/think how you feel?
I'm sure there are times.
291. Do you write/say/think it anyway or become intimidated and try to avoid it?
I think I usually do it anyway.
292. What is one thing you can't do?
Tied a cherry stem with my tongue
293. Do you like movies starring Charleton Heston?
294. Are you gentle?
I try to be
295. When do you feel the most raw and vulnerable?
When I'm immersed in worship of my God
296. Are you trying to find yourself?
Yeah, I think so.
297. Where are you looking?
Probably not where I should be.
298. Are you sometimes afraid of being honest because you are afraid of hurting people's feelings?
Yeah, I think everyone is that way.
299. What would make you a stronger person?
I don't know.
300. What book would you like to read sometime soon?
The Blindside, Same Kind Of Different As Me, and Angels and Demons
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
I can say that I have one specific favorite but here are SOME of my favorites:
- The Polar Express
- Santa Claus: The Movie
- Dr. Seuss's How The Grinch Stole Christmas (Jim Carrey version)
- A Charlie Brown Christmas
- The Santa Clause (1, 2 and 3)
- White Christmas
- A Christmas Story
- National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
- Miracle on 34th Street (the newer version)
- Home Alone (1 and 2)
I probably could go on and on.
All the movies about Santa Claus just make me believe in Santa every year. I love to watch and see how the creators of the movies describe what they would think Santa and the North Pole would be like. It's so magical.
And of course, White Christmas just makes you long for snow. I love Bing Crosby. His voice is so mezmorizing. Those old movies are so great. They just don't make 'em like they used to.
And how can you have Christmas without the Grizzwolds and the 24-hour marathon on TBS of A Christmas Story. So great.
What are some of your favorites?
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
So I shall do 12 things in 11 days and today you get a double-doozy. The post. Not the cookie cake.
These are either things that I love about the holidays are that I HAVE. TO. HAVE. for it to actually feel like the holidays for me.
The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
This is the official start to my holiday season. It doesn't matter when I start listening to Christmas music or what day I start decorating, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is the official kick-off to the Christmas season for me.
I was a tradition for my sister and I to get up early and watch the whole parade through. Our favorite part is the Rockettes, of course, although we also love the Broadway features.
Although my sister and I are grown, and she has her own family now, we both still get up and watch the parade, with a full recap of the whole thing as soon as we get together for Thanksgiving dinner.
There's nothing like seeing the "Big Man" Kris Kringle closing out that grand ol' holiday tradition to get you in the Christmas spirit.
FBC Jackson's Carols By Candlelight
Ever since I can remember, Carols By Candlelight has been around. This year was actually the 40th anniversary of the program and I can't believe it's been that long.
I remember going as a little girl and being amazed by the story that was told. I know that millions of lives have been changed by this yearly display of the story of the Christ child. I've only heard a few stories but they are still enough to know that this is not just a yearly tradition -- it is a church's mission to spread the gospel to all ends of the earth.
When my family joined this church in 2003, my mom joined the choir (of course) and jumped right into Carols By Candlelight. She's been a part of special singing groups and has also sung several solos in past six years. It's so great to be able to see my mom using her talent to declare the glory of God in such an incredible way.
So there are your first two things of 12.
What are some of your favorite Christmas traditions? What gets you in the Christmas spirit?
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Trust me. You want to watch this.
But be careful. You might pee your pants from all the laughing.
Also check out parts one, two and three.
Also on a completely different note, I wanted to share this post by Annie Downs that really spoke to me as a fellow July baby.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
More so, I am a fan of the Mississippi State Bulldogs.
Bowl season gets me so excited (not as excited as March Madness) because it calls for practically 24/7 college football. And there's only one thing that I love more than college football.
Anyhoo, I'm turning this blog into my own little SEC football headquarters. Need to know who is playing who and when and in what bowl and on what channel? Forget ESPN and all their mumbo jumbo. All they will be talking about his how great Alabama is and how "The Bear" shall live again. Or is it Ole Miss and how the South will never rise again because we are now the US of A and have been for a really, really long time now?
I know that everyone thinks that the SEC secured 10 out of 12 teams into bowls games. Not so true. Mississippi State and Vandy will be playing as well. Keep reading to find out where they will be going.
Now, in chronological order, here are your SEC bowl games (all times are central):
Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl (Nashville, Tenn.)
Kentucky vs. Clemson, Dec. 27, 7:30 p.m., ESPN
Advocare V100 Independence Bowl (Shrevport, La.)
Georgia vs. Texas A&M, Dec. 28, 4 p.m., ESPN2
Chick-Fil-A Bowl (Atlanta, Ga.)
Virginia Tech vs. Tennessee, Dec. 31, 6:30 p.m., ESPN
Outback Bowl (Tampa, Fla.)
Northwestern vs. Auburn, Jan. 1, 10 a.m., ESPN
Capital One Bowl (Orlando, Fla.)
Penn State vs. LSU, Jan. 1, 12 p.m., ABC
AllState Sugar Bowl (New Orleans, La.)
Florida vs. Cincinnati, Jan. 1, 7:30 p.m., FOX (If anyone has a way to get me tickets to this game, ring-a-ding ding me. I am will to sacrifice employment to see Tim Tebow play live and in person.)
AT&T Cotton Bowl (Arlington, Tex.)
Oklahoma State vs. Ole Miss, Jan. 2, 1 p.m., FOX (Go Cowboys!)
Autozone Libery Bowl (Memphis, Tenn.)
Arkansas vs. East Carolina, Jan. 2, 4:30 p.m., ESPN
PapaJohns.com Bowl (Birmingham, Ala.)
South Carolina vs. UConn, Jan. 2, 1 p.m., ESPN (If you're in town, come by and visit!)
Citi BCS National Championship Game (Pasadena, Calif.)
Texas vs. Alabama, Jan. 7, 7 p.m., ABC
And last but not least...
An unforgettable SEC matchup in the...
CHARMIN ULTRA TOILET BOWL
Mississippi State vs. Vanderbilt
Appearing in your nearest bathroom.
(Now don't get me wrong, I love m' Bulldogs and I know that next year we will be heading to a bowl game but for the time being, let's just poke fun at ourselves. It helps ward off all the tears.)
Monday, December 7, 2009
I know. I know. How can a library be distracting?
But somehow, Mississippi State's Mitchell Memorial Library has completely lost all its marbles and decided to host a rave last night to break up the monotony of exam week.
I think if more libraries were like this all the time, I might actually consider spending more time in them. Except I'd really never get anything done.
Take a look.
This girl really wants them to turn the lights off.
There's nothing better than a little school spirit and hatred of "The School Up North" to fuel some intense study energy in a bunch of college students.
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Friday, December 4, 2009
2. For those fans of the movie, A Christmas Story, here are a couple of fun links for crazed fans.
3. This story at ESPN also blessed my soul. A real kid, dealing with real problem, backed by real friends.
4. The Christian Rap. I found this humorous.
5. Six grand has been raised to build two more kindergartens in Vietnam. $60,000. That's a 6 with four of those "0" things behind it. Read about it here. Ain't God awesome?!?!
6. If you haven't checked out the Mocha Club Experience, please go check it out now. Two college guys giving up three months, including the biggest holidays of the year with their families, and going all over Africa to show the world what Mocha Club is doing with their projects.
The last video they posted was about their safari in the Masai Mara. Check it out.
7. And this...
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
1. Which Wizard of Oz character are you most like?
Why, Dorothy, of course! I've wanted to be her all my life. I love the way she befriends the strangest characters in the story, the ones who are looking for that missing piece in their puzzle. They help her out as she helps them out. They bring out the best in each other. And they work together to defeat the greatest evil. I like to think that's how it is with my own friends.
2. When you're deciding what you're going to wear each morning, which item do you select first?
I think the main piece (the shirt or dress). Then go from there.
3. What kind of animal do you think the world could live without?
I'm sure they serve a great purpose but snakes really do just creep me out
4. How many Christmas trees are in your home?
Only one right now. I don't have much room for more.
5. Would you prefer to be emotionless if it meant you didn't have to feel a heartbreak?
Absolutely not. The good in my life has always outweighed the bad and if I were emotionless I would be robbing myself of the joy that God has blessed me with.
6. Do you ever experience holiday let-down or depression?
If I have, I haven't really noticed.
7. Do you like Michael Jackson's music?
I really do. PYT. Thriller. Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough. Mostly his older music.
8. Why is it that we never judge people who have their teeth fixed for cosmetic reason, but every other cosmetic procedure has a stigma?
That's a good question. I actually thought about that today because I saw someone with an abnormally sized nose. I thought to myself, "Self, if I had a nose like that, I believe I would have to get that fixed just to make myself feel better." But I've often said that people should be thankful for what God gave them. I'm such a hypocrite.
9. Enjoy horseback riding?
I really do. It's so relaxing. I wish I could do it more. I don't think I've ridden a horse since I was in seventh or eighth grade.
10. Shoes -- practical or stylish?
I tend to lean more towards unnecessary. Ha. I'd have to say practical because I'm all about some flip-flops in the summatime, but really when it comes down to it, I love me a stylish shoe. (Just have some flip-flops in your bag, just in case.)
11. What was the name of your first pet? Feel free to post a pic.
Sandy. I really wish I had a picture to post. She was a great dog. Part basset hound, part yellow lab. Oh, she was loyal.
12. What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done?
Oh, dear. Zero.
Anyway, after a short-lived career in the German Football League, he's done several different jobs while also doing some freelance work. He contributes for Bulldawg Junction from time to time and recently pitched in his two cents about this past weekend's Egg Bowl.
I just love when former players give their opinion about games like this because they really see it in a different light.
Check out what he had to say here. I promise you won't be disappointed.
And we raced lawnmowers.
And I won.
Take that, Timmy T! You may be number one on the football field with a ball in your hand but you have no idea as to the skillz I have behind the wheel of a lawnmower. I mean I've only run into a tree once in my many years of grass-cutting experience.
Anyhoo, so Tim, if you're reading this and planning your next mission adventure for Spring Break, give me a call. I can make myself available.
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
102. List five people you love starting with the one you love the absolute most.
Ok because I don’t love these people more or less than either, I’ll just list them randomly.
A. My daddy
B. My mom
C. My sister
D. My brother-in-law
E. My nephew
103. How many movies have you gone to see this month?Zero. I really don’t get to the movies much anymore now. I’m hoping to go see one over Thanksgiving.
104. If you could have 3 wishes...but none of them could be for yourself, what would you wish for?
1. For good health for my dad.
2. For clean water and food for every person that needs it.
3. For everyone to know the love that I have known in my life from my family and God.
105. In what ways do you relax and de-stress when you are really tense?
I used to love to play the piano to relax but I don’t have one right now. Painting really calms me and helps me put my thoughts together. So does doing puzzles but I haven’t done that in a while. Laying on the couch and watching TV always is relaxing but listening to music always de-stresses me.
106. How much money would it take to get you to drive to school naked in the springtime and get out of the car?
No amount of money would convince me to do that.
107. Have you ever killed an animal?
I ran over a squirrel once.
108. Have you ever lost someone close to you?
Yes, several people. Three grandparents, my best friend’s mom and a close childhood friend.
109. What do you think of cloning?
I think when you really get down to the nitty-gritty of it, you really aren’t accomplishing anything because it’s still just a copy, not the original.
110. Do you read or watch TV more often?
I watch TV. I wish I would make more time to read but that Bravo channel is so enticing.
111. With all this talk of terrorism going around are you willing to sacrifice rights and freedoms for increased safety?
I don’t really understand this question because if people were really doing their job I wouldn’t have to sacrifice rights and freedoms for increased safety. That is no jab to the armed forces though because they are the ones that sacrifice their lives for my safety. I just think there is a lot that we civilians don’t know and if we did, things would be a lot different.
112. What is the punishment you would come up with for Osama Bin Laden if you caught him alive?
I’d make him come watch a softball game. He’d want to commit suicide after that.
113. Have you ever named an individual part of your body?
114. Have you ever been on the radio or on TV?
I’ve been on TV. Nothing big. Just the news.
115. Have you ever won a lottery, or sweepstakes?
Nope. I never win anything like that. Unless you count that one time I won that book from Annie Downs.
116. Have you ever won a contest or competition?
See above. I also win at bingo a lot. And trivia games. I’m really good at Catchphrase.
117. Do you like to watch The Joy of Painting show with Bob Ross?
118. Do you know what your grandparents and your great grand parents did for a living?
My dad’s dad was a bus driver for Trailways. He drove over a million miles and was honored for it. My dad’s mom was a cafeteria worker. I used to love when she would sub in at my school after retirement. My mom’s dad worked for Puckett Machinery. My mom’s mom was a housewife. I never knew any of my great grandparents.
119. Is there anything really interesting in your family history?
My mom’s dad and my dad played football at MSU. My great uncle played basketball there too. I think that’s pretty interesting. My mom’s dad was also a charter member of the Kappa Sigs at MSU. MSU blood runs thick in my family. Oh, and my dad claims to know Tarzan or something like that.
120. Is there anyone you trust completely?
I usually completely trust all of my friends. If I don’t by now, you’ve been cut off. I completely trust anything my parents or my sister and BIL say too.
121. Have you ever lost someone without having the chance to say goodbye?
When my friend Brad died, I hadn’t seen him in probably a year or two. My grandfather died about a month after the last time I saw him and I always prepared myself that it would probably be the last time. My grandmother died about a week after the last time I saw her. I had no idea that would be the last time I saw her.
122. How do you feel about women in politics?
I think it’s great. How am I supposed to feel? As long as they can get the job done and do it with the right motives, I think there is no difference between a man and woman in politics.
123. Would you rather have an indoor Jacuzzi or an outdoor pool?
124. What things are you interested in that you study or read about on your own?
Anything involving religion or sports. Also African aid and World War II really intrigue me, as does the British Royal Family.
125. Would you consider yourself to be intelligent?
126. Would you consider yourself to be wise?
In certain subjects, but very few. And only because of experience. I’d say I’m wiser than I was before about some things.
127. Have you ever given or received a lap dance?
Uh, no sir.
128. Have you ever spoken to a homeless person?
129. Would you ever creep into the subway tunnels to go exploring?
If I had someone with me.
130. If you could add 70 years to your life but only by making some random person die 70 years sooner would you?
Nope. When my time is done, my time is done. It’s not worth sacrificing someone else’s life for more time.
131. Can you finish any of the following lyrics?
A: Nothing to kill or die for...
I’m drawing a blank.
B: Late comings with the late comin' stretcher...
This one too.
C: I could make a film and make you my star...
132. Were you ever with someone while they died?
Can’t say that I have.
133. Would you rather be a world political leader or a rock star?
Rock star. Politics make my head hurt.
134. Have you ever given someone a love letter that you wrote?
135. Have you ever sent someone a surprise though the mail?
Yep. Bethany and I send each other surprises all the time.
136. Are you looking forward to any concerts right now?
If I can get tickets and find someone to go with me to see John Mayer in Birmingham in February, I’ll much be looking forward to that one.
137. Of all animated movies, which is the best one you've ever seen?
Lady and the Tramp. It’s my favorite.
138. What are the best bands or songs to listen to while driving?
Anything, really, to me. My favorites are Switchfoot, Dave Barnes, Matt Wertz, Marc Broussard and Sean Kingston.
139. What do you think is the most amazing thing that anyone has ever accomplished?
That’s hard to say. I think anyone who can overcome a bad situation and rise above it to make something out of themselves is an accomplishment in itself.
140. What could a member of the opposite sex do to impress you?
Pray for/with me.
141. About how many emails do you get a day?
Who knows in my Samford account, probably 50ish. My Yahoo and Gmail is probably about 12-15 at day.
How many of those emails are junk mail?
Yahoo, all but about two a day are junk. Gmail is pretty much all Facebook notifications and AirfareWatchdog.com notifications. Samford is a good mix.
How many of them are forwards?
142. What's your favorite thing to do online besides write in your diary and hang out at this site?
Ok, A) I don’t write in a diary, I write on my blog. B) I don’t hang out at “this” site. Whatever that means. And C) I really do like writing on my blog.
143. Do you believe Kurt Cobain killed himself or was it a conspiracy?
Anyone who dabbles in drugs like he did, well...
144. Have you ever thought about hitchhiking across the country?
145. Who would you bring with you on this kind of a road trip?
Definitely Bethany. And a box of Trivial Pursuit cards.
146. Of the following, which word best describes you: accurate, bold,
147. If you are single, at about what age do you think you will be ready to settle down and get married? If you are married, how old were you at the time?
I’m ready right now. Gotta find Mr. Right.
148. Do you often wonder, when you say goodbye to people, if it is the last time you will ever see them?
I try not to think that.
149. What movie are you most looking forward to seeing when it comes out?
150. What is your quest?
To try to live life like Christ did.
151. What is louder and more annoying: 200 adults talking or one four-year-old screaming?
One four-year-old screaming.
152. Do you believe the stories about planes, boats and people mysteriously disappearing into the Bermuda triangle?
153. Who are you the most jealous of?
154. What is the happiest way you can start your day?
Not waking up to an alarm.
155. Do you ever have moments where you feel like everything is all right in the world?
156. Who thinks that you are offensive?
No one really.
157. If you had to teach a class in something, what would you be able to teach people?
Something in sports media.
158. Have you ever had a spiritual experience (an experience that cannot be explained by science)?
159. Do you believe that this experience was truly mystical or do you think there is some scientific explanation for it, only you don't know what it is?
160. Do you get offended easily?
161. Would you still love and stay with your significant other if he or she had to have a breast or testicle removed?
162. Do you believe in fate or free will?
A little bit of both. In my belief, free will only takes you so far because your free will cannot trump God’s ultimate plan.
163. Do you believe that only boring people get bored?
No. I’m a fun person and I get bored sometimes.
164. Can life change or are we all stuck in vain?
Life can change. You just have to make it change.
165. What changes are you afraid of?
None that I can think of right now. Actually a change might give me a little boost right now.
166. Are you a day person or nocturnal?
167. What one CD could you listen to for an entire week (no mixed CD’s, it must be an album)?
I do this all the time. I have a feeling that I’m going to be listening to Dave Barnes new CD for weeks to come when it comes out.
168. Which is worse, working in retail, food service, or an office?
I absolutely could not handle food service. I wouldn’t be nice enough to get good tips.
169. What's the coolest job you ever had?
Sno Biz. It was pretty cold in there. Ha. I would say the job I have now is pretty awesome.
170. What is one central idea that your thoughts seem to come back to?
171. Have you ever wanted to be an actor/tress?
172. If you had the power to control one person and make this person do anything you wanted for a whole day, who would you pick and what would they do?
That would take a lot of thought. I just don’t know.
173. What star sign are you and what is your sign like?
I guess what you are asking is that I’m a Leo and Leos like attention.
174. Did the Blair Witch Project scare you?
175. Are you in constant fear of death?
176. Does fear of death keep you from building a life?
177. Do you like all your movies to be in wide-screen?
Yeah, who wouldn’t?
178. Are you a fan of any comic books?
179. At what age did you attend your first funeral?
I was five when my friend Billy Puckett died but I think I only went to his memorial service at my kindergarten. I guess I was seven and it was my mom’s dad.
180. What do you smell like (lotion, cologne, sweat)?
I smell like spaghetti.
181. What are your greatest sources for wisdom?
The Bible, my parents, especially my dad and my sister
182. When you were little, where did your parents tell you babies come from?
I don’t think I ever asked that.
183. What is your favorite band?
Switchfoot or Needtobreathe
184. What's the best cheesy 80's song?
Does Love Shack count?
185. What's the best kind of movie to see on a date?
186. Do you like to sit in the front, middle or back of the Movie Theater?
187. Have you ever been inside an abandoned building?
188. Under what circumstances would you agree to work for free?
If I knew I was changing someone’s life.
189. Candles or strobe lights?
Candles. Strobe lights give me headaches.
190. Do you think the Lord of the Rings movies are true to the books or did Hollywood change the story too much?
I never got through the first one and I didn’t read the books so I wouldn’t know.
191. When you see a stranger on the street does your first reaction lean towards thinking of this person as a potential friend or as a potential threat?
192. Is it natural for human beings to fear and distrust each other, or is it cultural?
Natural. It’s result of The Fall.
193. What do you really want to buy?
A flat screen TV.
194. You have to choose. Would you be happier marrying someone rich for their money or living in the streets and subway tunnels with someone you love?
Love trumps money every time.
195. If someone wanted to understand you what book could they read that would help?
Either The Dreamgiver or The Shack. They don’t explain me but they explain what I believe in.
196. Do you think it’s odd that Americans have freedom of religion and yet call themselves 'one nation under god'?
No. Because this nation was founded under God by a group of people who were tired how they worshipped being regulated.
197. In what sense are you a minority?
I believe Christians are a minority in a world sense, seeing that 2/3 of the world is unchurched. Also I’m a female in the sports industry. That speaks for itself.
198. Are you anti social?
I can be. But I try not to be.
199. Do you photograph well?
200. Do you think that human beings would survive through a nuclear winter?
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
I had several votes to keep it the same and several for this one. So since I wasn't fully satisfied with this one, I went for the second option. And I have to say, I'm pretty pleased.
It looks like this is going to be my post for the day. Sorry, NaBloPoMo. But hey, I could've just not posted.
Anyway, I'm off for a weekend full of volleyball. Let's hope I bring home a trophy. Or at least my team brings one home since I am no help whatsoever to the winning of the matches. I'm just there to report the facts and well, eat free food.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Hi, my name is Katie. Welcome to Walmart.
2. What are the three most important things everyone should know about you?
One: My faith in Jesus Christ is the most important thing to me. No one can ever take it away from me. If you have questions, please ask. Two: My family is the second most important thing to me. They always, always come first. Third: I love sports. Amen.
3. When you aren't filling out 5,000 question surveys like this one, what are you doing?
I should be working. I also watch recorded TV (because anything that is live is just not worth the commercials) and I love to sing, dance, and paint. But I'm usually watching a sport. See 2.
4. List your classes in school from the ones you like the most to the ones you like the least (or if you are out of school, think of the classes you did like and didn't like at the time).
Choir with my mom, AP English with Mr. Avalon, 10th grade World History with Coach Rob, Art with Mrs. Gibson, Algebra I with Mrs. T, 11th grade English with Mrs. Holcomb. The least favorites are not worth mentioning.
5. What is your biggest goal for this year?
To find something I absolutely enjoy doing.
6. Where do you want to be in five years?
Still living within driving distance of my family. Hopefully married. And working for a charity.
7. What stage of life are you in right now?
The "I want to do more" stage.
8. Are you more child-like or childish?
I'd say child-like. I think that's why I love babysitting and babysitting loves me. I never get tired of playing hide-and-seek.
9. What is the last thing you said out loud?
"Um, nope. I think I'm good."
10. What song comes closest to how you feel about your life right now?
That's hard but it's probably something by Hillsong.
11. Have you ever taken martial arts classes?
Nope but there is no end to the attempts by my dad to get me to.
12. Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the same?
Better. The more I get to know my God, the better it all becomes.
13. Does time really heal all wounds?
I don't think time does. I think maturity, understanding and forgiveness do.
14. How do you handle a rainy day?
I'd love to just stay in bed every time it rains but I usually get up and go to work.
15. Which is worse: losing you luggage or having to sort out tangled holiday lights?
Definitely losing your luggage. The only thing you lose with tangled lights is your mind, and maybe a finger. When you lose your luggage, you lose clothes. I mean, come on.
16. How is your relationship with your parents?
My parents are my most favorite people on the earth.
17. Do you tend to be aware of what is going on around you?
Yes, most of the time. I'm pretty observant and I don't think people realize that.
18. What is the truest thing that you know?
The Gospel of Jesus Christ
19. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Lots of things: a teacher, a veterinarian, a playground architect, a doctor, an orthopedic surgeon, a physical therapist, a journalist, a sportscaster, a rock star.
20. Have you ever been given a second chance?
I'm given a second chance every day.
21. Are you more of a giver or a taker?
I'd like to say giver.
22. Do you make your decisions with an open heart/mind?
Most of the time.
23. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?
Hmm, I busted my finger open playing skeeball one time. That was pretty painful. Other than that, I sprained my knee in cheerleading practice when I was a sophomore. That was pretty gruesome.
24. What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to you?
There are several. Of course, everyone has one of "those" breakups. Then I'd say, losing a friend to death and almost losing my dad.
25. What have you hugged today?
Gosh, I haven't hugged one person.
26. Who has done something today to show they care about you?
God woke me up. My coworkers invited me to lunch.
27. Do you have a lot to learn?
28. If you could learn how to do three things just by wishing and not be working, what would they be?
29. Which do you remember the longest: what other people say, what other people do or how other people make you feel?
You know that old saying; it's definitely how other people make you feel.
30. What are the key ingredients to haveing a good relationships?
Honesty, humor, a love for each other
31. What three things do you want to do before you die?
I have a list of many so I'll just pick three randoms: surf, go to Australia, parasail
32. What three things would you want to die to avoid doing?
This is a weird questions and can't say that I can answer. I'll willing to try everything once before dying.
33. Is there a cause you believe in more than any other cause?
I believe in helping the helpless, feeding the hungry, educating the uneducated and saving the lost.
34. What does each decade make you think of:
20's - The Great Gatsby
30's - The Great Depression
40's - World War II and The Holocaust
50's - Poodle skirts and Grease
60's - Hippies and Civil Rights
70's - Disco
80's - Old Cosby episodes
90's - Slap bracelets and NKOTB
2000's (so far) - confusion
2010's - uncertainty
35. Which decade do you feel the most special connection to and why?
I guess the 90's because it's when I grew up
36. What is your favorite oldie/classic rock song?
Inspiration by Chicago
37. What country do you live in and who is the leader of the country?
The United State of America and Barack Obama is the president.
If you could say any sentence to the current leader of your country, what would it be?
I think it would take me a whole year to narrow that down.
38. What's your favorite TV channel to watch in the middle of the night?
There are no channels I like to watch in the middle of the night because it's all infomercials. That's why I have a DVD player.
39. What Disney villain are you the most like and why?
That's insulting. I'm not like any of those villains.
40. Have you ever been a girl scout/boy scout?
41. If you were traveling to another continent, would you rather fly or take a boat?
Fly. I love flying.
42. Why is the sky blue during the day and black at night?
Because there is no sun at night. And that's the way God intended it.
43. What does you name mean?
Katherine means purity I think.
44. Would you rather explore the deeps of the ocean or outer space?
45. Word association: What is the firs word that comes to mind when you see the word:
Clash: Of the Titans
46. If you could meet any person in the world who is dead, who would you want it to be?
I actually was talking about this with some athletes last week and we all said that it would be interesting to get into Hitler's mind. To ask him some questions.
47. What if you could meet anyone who is alive?
We all know this: Michael Phelps or Tim Tebow
48. Is there a movie that you love so much that you could watch it every day?
I have several of these but The Wizard of Oz is definitely one of them.
49. You are going to be stuck alone in an elevator for a week. What do you bring to do?
50. Have you ever saved someone's life or had your life saved?
I've saved a couple of flailing kids in a pool.
51. Make up a definition for the following silly words:
Fruitgoogle: A connoisseur of fruits and vegetables.
Ambytime: The technical term for counting the offbeat in music.
Asscactus: A severe medical condition.
52. What was the last thing you made with your own hands?
A grilled cheese.
53. What was your favorite toy as a child?
Either legos or Marble Works.
54. How many TV's are in your house?
55. What is your favorite thing to do outside?
Swim or watch baseball.
56. How do you feel when you see a rainbow?
57. Have you ever dreamt a dream that came true?
58. Have you ever been to a psychic/tarot reader?
59. What is your idea of paradise?
60. Do you believe in God and if so what is he/she/it like?
You placed the stars in the sky and You know them by name.
You are amazing God.
All powerful, untameable,
Awestruck we fall to our knees as we humbly proclaim.
You are amazing God.
61. Do you believe in Hell?
62. What one thing have you done that most people haven't?
I went to Honduras for a week. Most people I know haven't been to Honduras.
63. What is the kindest thing you have ever done?
I'm not one to gloat about kindness.
64. Are you a patient person?
For the most part. Maybe not as much on the road.
65. What holiday should exist but doesn't?
66. What holiday shouldn't exist but does?
I'm pretty sure all holidays have a good reason for existance.
67. What's the best joke you ever heard?
I don't know.
68. Where is the most fun place you have EVER been?
There's this place called DisneyWorld. And it's kind of a big deal.
69. Is your hair natural or dyed?
70. Do you have any deep dark secrets or are you pretty much up front?
I'm pretty much up front.
71. What is under you bed right now?
Boxes and duffle bags.
72. If you were in the Land of Oz, would you want to live there or go home?
If my family was with me, then I'm pretty sure staying would be a must. But if not, Oz would be a good vacation spot.
73. If you drive, do you frequently speed.
Yes, I'd say I frequently speed.
74. What is the world's be song to dance to?
Come On Ride That Train. It takes me back to 8th grade. Every. Time.
75. What song was on the last time you danced with someone?
Wow. It's been way to long that I don't even remember.
76. Do yo prefer Disney or Warner Brothers?
77. What is the first animal you would run to see if you went to the zoo?
78. Would you consider yourself to be romantic?
79. If the earth stopped rotating would we all fly off?
80. What is the one thing that you love to do so much that you would make sacrifices to be able to do it?
Sing and be with my family.
81. If you (and everyone) had to lose one right or freedom, but you could choose which one everyone had to lose, what would you pick?
The right to bear arms. Then no one would have guns.
82. If you had to choose, would you live on the equator or at the North Pole?
83. Would you rather give up listeing to music or watching television?
84. What do you think makes someone a hero?
Risking their life to save someone else's and/or making an impact on someone's life enough to rock their whole world.
85. What cartoon would you like to be a character in?
The Powerpuff Girls
86. Name on thing that turns your stomach.
87. What was the last thing you paid for?
88. Are you a coupon clipper?
I try to be.
89. Get anything good in the mail recently?
The December Southern Living. Woohoo!
90. Which would you rather take in gym class: dancing, sailing, karate or bowling?
91. In Star Trek people "beam" back and forth between different places. What this means is they stand in a little tube and their molecules are deconstructed and sent to another tube somewhere else where they are reassembled. The only problem is when the molecules are deconstructed the person is dead. When they are put back together, it is only a clone that has all the dead person's memories. So...Is the person who gets beamed the same person on both ends?
92. What insects are you afrain of?
Spiders and scorpions.
93. If you could print any phrase on a t-shirt, what would it say?
Poo. It'll make people laugh.
94. What's the most eccentric thing you have ever worn?
A leather skirt. But I wore it for a Biker Swap in college.
95. If you could pick one food that you could eat all you wanted but it would have no effect on how much you weigh, what food would it be?
I'd say any manner of chips and dip.
96. What are your parents interested in?
Seriously, what kind of question is this? My parents are interested in a lot of different things.
97. Have you ever caught an insect and kept it as a pet?
Have you ever caught and tamed a wild animal?
98. What is more helpful to you, wishes or plans?
Neither. Wishes don't always come true and plans usually fall through.
99. When do you feel your life energy the strongest?
When I'm completely immersed in God.
100. You are spending the night alone in the woods and may bring only three items with you. What do you bring?
Toilet paper, a flashlight and a tent.