Tuesday, December 29, 2009
“A Lamb’s Story"
A Scottish story told by a former shepherd
When a little lamb dies for some reason, the skin can be taken from the dead lamb & placed over an orphan lamb which can then be introduced to the mother whose lamb has also died. She will smell the scent of her own lamb & will accept it as her own. Usually after a day or so the skin can be removed, as a permanent bond will have been established between the mother & the lamb.
Remember God killed animals to make coats of skin for Adam & Eve.
When Jesus died on the cross His blood was shed for us. He provided a coat, or a cover for us, which we put on by faith & God accepts us because He smells the sweet fragrance of Jesus on us. When you see the little adopted lamb skipping & jumping in the field you must remember another lamb died to give this one a new life. Likewise, when you see a sinner, saved by grace adopted into God’s family & enjoying a close relationship with Him, we must remember a lamb died to make this possible. The Lamb of God, but remember, Jesus rose again from the dead because He had no sins of his own. The adopted lamb sometimes finds it strange to be with a different mother than its’ own, but it soon settles down if it is well fed.
Likewise, God’s children who have been rescued from the devil can take a little more time to get adjusted to a relationship with God, but God being well able to meet His child’s every need soon settles down, although sometimes, may also take a little more time than a lamb.
Ephesians 1: 3-8
Told by Donnie Black, a Scottish former shepherd, who instead of herding sheep, now tends to young men at The Haven, Kilmacolm, Scotland.
Monday, December 28, 2009
A. Go to Australia.
B. See Billy Joel in concert.
C. My own wedding.
E. Swim with dolphins.
302. Will you try to accomplish any of these things within the next year?
I'm always trying to accomplish these things.
303. What do you feel controlled by?
I'd like to say the Holy Spirit.
304. If Jesus appeared to you and told you that the moon was made of green cheese would you believe him?
Sure would. And then I'd ask him to take me to see it.
305. What is one thing you are sure of?
My faith in Jesus Christ and the fact that I will live with him forever.
306. At what part of the day do you feel the most alert?
Usually the afternoon. Between 11-3.
307. Have you ever played in a band?
Can't say that I have. But Kristin Berry and I had a plan for a band all laid out once upon a time. It just never panned out.
308. Have you ever stared into the ocean thinking 'early creatures crawled outta that'?
Nope. I usualyl stare into the ocean thinking, "God made all of that."
309. If not, what do you think of when you are staring into the ocean?
310. Do you like the mental challenge of chess or other games?
311. Do you ever think of where your atoms were before they were in you?
312. Do you ever think about where your atoms will go after they have been in you? Nope. Won't really care because I'll be worshipping in Heaven.
313. If you didn't know that people couldn't fly do you think that you could?
I would LOVE that.
314. Are you someone that others call when they're having a problem and want to talk about it?
There are a few people who do.
315. When it comes to literature, do you see beyond the writing and into the meaning intended by the author?
Yes. I read into EVERYTHING.
316. Is there anything you can take apart completely, and then put back together, and have no left over parts?
317. What are your feelings about the death penalty?
That's tough. On one hand, I think if you are willing to take the life of someone else then you should be willing to lose your life as a consequence to that action. However, on the other hand, it's punishment enough for some to just live with the choice that they have made. Also my God is a God of second chances, and I'm taught to strive to be more like Him. So...
318. If there was a god and you could ask him/her one question what would it be?
Why all the bugs?
319. Do you believe that life will be found on other planets?
Sure. Life like there is here? No.
320. What is something worth suffering for?
My belief and faith in Christ.
321. If you could put an extra eye on your body anywhere you wanted, where would you put it?
The back of my head.
322. Are you in touch with the earth and nature?
I'm in touch with the God who created it.
323. Would you rather live simply or extravagently?
I would love everything that comes with an extravagent lifestyle. However, if it came down to living simply with those I love or living extravagently alone, I'd choose the simple life.
324. Have you ever been camping?
Yep. A couple of times.
325. Is your heart open when you meet someone new?
Not at first. Depends on the feeling and vibe I get from them.
326. Are you able to have conversations with and become friends with people who are not like you and are interested in different things than you are?
327. Are strangers more beautiful or frightening to you?
I hate to say it but it depends on what they look like. If they look big, mean and scary, I'm a bit frightened.
328. What stops you from doing everything you want to do?
Not having enough confidence in knowing that I can do it at all.
329. Can you think of three adjective that do not apply to you at all?
snobby, uptight, angry
330. How do you feel about Jeremy Jaynes, who got a nine year prison sentence for spamming people with junk email?
I think he's a weirdo who has too much time on his hands.
331. Do you know who the current premier of China is?
Thanks to google...Wen Jiabao
332. Are you very active?
Not really. I wish I were more active.
333. Is there a city that reminds you of the landscape of your brain?
334. Have you ever loved someone who has loved you back?
335. Is it really being 'in love with' someone if the other person doesn't love you?
Yep. It only takes one to love. That's why it's called unrequited love.
336. Do you believe that there is someone perfect for everyone or that people just fall in love with who ever they are with at the time?
You're asking the wrong gal.
337. Do you know secret things?
338. Have you ever fallen in love with someone you shouldn't have?
339. How do you overcome your fears?
340. What can you do better than anyone you know?
I can stuff an insane amount of grapes in my mouth.
341. Would you benefit from a wilder existence?
I really don't know what this means.
342. Does it seem to you like the range of socially acceptable behavior is getting smaller or larger?
The way I'm reading this, I think the range of socially acceptable behavior is getting wider and wider. There are things that are acceptable today that wouldn't even have been acceptable when I was 10.
343. Have you ever fired a gun?
A pellit gun. And a paint ball gun.
344. Are people becoming more afraid of each other?
In a way, yes. And in a way, no. I think our government is making us afraid of each other. I think in a way people are becoming more accepting of each other.
345. If you had to choose the percentage of freedom vs. safety what ratio would you decide on (ex: 100% free 0% safe)?
346. Does safety stifle you?
347. Who or what needs to be stopped?
There is a long list of stuff I could list here.
348. Are human beings becoming more domesticated?
What does this even mean. Human beings have always been domesticated. It's not like we are wild hogs or anything.
349. Do you follow the lives of the British Royal Family?
I'm a little obsessed.
350. How did the death of Pope John Paul II affect you?
351. Have you ever lost something and never found it?
Yep. I had a basketball Popples one time when I was little and I left it at my Dearmom and Boppie's house and never got it back. Sadness still consumes me to this day.
352. Do you listen to any talk radio shows?
Rick and Bubba. And when I'm home in Jackson, I'll listen to Ben Ingram's sports show and Southern Sports Tonight or whatever it's called now.
353. Who do you trust more, your friends or your parents?
354. Would you ever date someone outside of your race or religion?
Religion, no. Race, maybe.
355. Which of the 7 deadly sins in the worst (gluttony, greed, pride, lust, envy, wrath, sloth)?
None of them are worse.
356. Which one are you most guilty of?
Probably sloth, to a minor degree.
357. Are you afraid to be alone with yourself?
Do you try to avoid thinking?
358. Would you venture to tell someone you loved him or her if they didn't say it first?
I tend to say what I feel these days so I wouldn't put it past myself to do this. Although, it would probably be accompanied by a sarcastic undertone to lessen the blow if the feeling wasn't mutual.
359. What are you the most sensitive about?
The innertube around my waist and my skin.
360. What can you talk about for hours?
sports, music, high school
361. Do you talk about yourself, other people, or ideas the most?
I'd say I talk about these three things the least of anything. I tend to keep ideas to myself because I'm insecure about what other people will think about them. And although, I do like to be the center of attention, as any Leo would, I don't really like to talk about myself, unless it in reference to a funny story. I don't take compliments easily. And I do talk about other people, but I try to keep it to a minimum and as positive as I can.
362. Do you believe that spell casting can work?
Not at all.
363. Are you a fan of The Legend of Zelda games?
I loved to play that game on my Gameboy but I could never really figure it out.
364. What old movie would you go see if it were re-released in the movie theaters?
The Wizard of Oz or Meet Me In St. Louis.
365. Is there a celebrity that you would be too starstruck to talk to if you met them?
I don't think so. I try to play it cool.
366. Have you ever left a mean unsigned note?
Not mean. But unsigned. Yes. On my neighbors door when I lived in the Cotton District.
367. Do you think it's cheesy to paste things you didn't write into your diary?
368. What are three things that you try not to think about?
my death, the death of others and bad memories
369. Is casual sex acceptable for you?
370. What form of sexual protection do you use?
I don't because I don't.
371. What is expected of you that you feel is unnatural or not right?
Nothing that I can think of.
372. Do you sometimes place your own expectations on other people?
I found that I did this regularly with a specific person and it lead to a unhealthy relationship and a bad goodbye. So...yes.
373. Do you sometimes act overeager to make friends when you are around strangers?
No. I tend to not really care.
374. Do you take everything that is said literally?
375. Do you take most things others say seriously?
Not really. I wouldn't take everything I said seriously.
376. Do you have a quick wit?
377. Do you believe in the need for political correctness?
To a certain extent. Some things people think should be politically correct, though, are just crippling those around us even more.
378. Do you have strong opinions and beliefs?
379. If yes, can you still hang out with and be friends with people who disagree with you?
For the most part, yes.
380. Are you uptight?
I wouldn't say so.
381. Do you sometimes do risky things?
Not usually. I've done my fair share (three or four) of things that I wouldn't normally do, but I am in no way a thrill-seeker, per say.
382. Could just about anyone hold your interest in a conversation for at least ten minutes?
Yeah. I'm pretty good at that. But usually 10 minutes is my cut off because my A.D.D. starts to kick in.
383. Are you self-conscious?
384. What would be your ideal destination for a Saturday afternoon?
Central Park in the spring or the beach in the summer.
385. Does anyone have a video tape of you doing soemthing embaressing?
I'm sure they do.
386. What is Kevin Smith’s best movie?
Catch and Release. Only because I haven't seen a lot of his other movies. I used to really love Dogma but I never really heard him talk until Catch and Release.
387. Where do you like to go on Friday or Saturday nights?
The movies or to a live music show.
388. Do you like your friends to act the same way all the time or do you accept their moods and changes?
I accept their moods and changes.
389. Do you often feel like other people are judging you?
Yes. Do I care? Not really.
390. What do you think other people judge you to be like?
Hmmm. I don't really know.
391. Are you quick to judge others?
I try not to be, but sometimes I catch myself in the act.
392. When you have a fight with someone do you want to talk about it right away or calm down first and then talk?
I usually want to take a break from it for a few minutes so I can sort out my thoughts but I will not leave until the issue is settled. And if I do walk away, you are supposed to come after me.
393. Some say love is a river (according to the old song). What do you say love is?
394. What is the worst fault a person can have?
The need to constantly lie.
395. Do you have it?
396. Which do you think has more impact on a person’s character, genetics or environment?
397. Who was your first best friend?
398. If you are not best friends anymore, what came between you?
We are still best friends, to this day.
399. Who have you read a biography about?
I've read several. There's not one that really comes to mind.
400. What would your own autobiography be called?
I don't really now. That's a doozie of a question.
Friday, December 25, 2009
I hope everyone had a fantastic Christmas full of family, friends, good food and good times. I know I did and I can even believe it is over.
Thursday, December 24, 2009
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
And this guy, who I am absolutely falling in love with, along with every other Mississippi State fan, scored his first points of the year tonight.
That's Sudan native John Riek, for those of you who don't know. He actually scored six points and had seven rebounds, which I thought was pretty darn good for a kid who barely knows English and doesn't understand the American way of basketball so much yet. Plus, kid has a lot of body to lug around. A. Lot. He reminded me of Marcus Campbell a little bit with is lanky-ness and awkwardness on the move.
Speaking of former basketball players, I sat behind one of my favs tonight. Whit Hughes. I had the biggest crush on him when they went to the Final Four in 1994. I remember seeing him at my cousin's wedding many years ago and because star-struck. So when he walked up tonight (I didn't recognize him at first without his swoop of hair), I freaked out a little inside. I was completely placid on the outside however. Ahem.
His sons and I ended up bonding over those silly band things (Silly Bandz). Then they started asking me questions about basketball. And I wanted to say, "Kids, do you know who your daddy is?!? He's the one you should be asking these questions to!"
Anyway, the Bulldogs won. By a lot. And drained 14 three-points. Always my favorite thing.
'Twas a good night.
Monday, December 21, 2009
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Thursday, December 17, 2009
201. Put these creatures in order from what you would least like to be reincarnated as (1), to what you would most like to be reincarnated as (10) assuming reincarnation ended up existing AND you were given a choice.
caterpillar, house dog, wild dog, vulture, male human, female human, oak tree, rock, manta ray, dolphin
2. oak tree
5. male human
6. manta ray
7. wild dog
8. house dog
10. female human
202. What do you feel unworthy of?
grace and salvation
203. Would you rather be remembered for having done something for humanity or being a really nice person?
done something for humanity
204. Which do you value more: science or intuition?
205. Your best friend and your significant other are in the hospital at the same time with the same ailment. Who do you visit first?
If I'm married, I visit the significant other first. If not, best friend. Sisters before misters, people.
206. Does the universe revolve around human beings?
207. If you are no longer a virgin, do you wish you still were?
208. Who is your favorite poet of those who are alive right now?
I don't really know. I'm not so much into poetry.
209. What is your favorite song from the 90's?
That's hard. Right now I'll say, Mariah Carey's "Hero". I wore that cassette tape out.
210. If you were in alphabet soup what letter would you be?
211. Do you believe in fairies, ghosts, aliens, angels, dwarves, elves, etc.?
212. What makes you want to be someone’s friend?
They are fun to be around and I can take something from the relationship, as in learning something from them.
213. Do you troll around the Internet harassing people anonymously for fun?
Uh, no. That's dumb.
214. Have you ever seen the movie A Man Who Fell to Earth?
215. What is your favorite line from a movie?
"Don't ever let anyone make you feel like you don't deserve what you want." - 10 Things I Hate About You
216. What's your favorite video game?
Mario World for SuperNintendo
217. Have you ever taken something that wasn't yours?
I used to take stuff from my sister all the time.
218. What is one phrase people say that irritates you?
I can't think of one phrase but I do correct grammar a lot.
219. You allow strangers to read your diary, but would you let your parents read it?
I don't keep a diary so there's no point in answering this question.
220. Hot steamy bubble bath or quick in and out shower?
Depends on what the circumstances are.
221. Are you allergic to anything?
Don't think so.
222. What is your favorite Terminator movie?
223. What is your favorite fast food?
Krystal or Sonic.
224. What would someone have to do to get you to never speak to him or her again?
Ha. Lie and cheat and take advantage of me. I mean eventually I'll talk to you again but it'll probably take a long while.
225. Would (or have) you ever whip someone or be whipped by someone in bed?
Ok, I think I'm too innocent for this question so I'm just going to pass because I don't really understand it.
226. Have you ever said 'I hate everyone' and really meant it literally?
227. Why do some people want to get more money than they could ever spend?
So they can say that they have more money than they could ever spend. And because they are insecure.
228. Have you ever won a carnival fish?
Don't think so.
229. Did it live more than a week?
230. What's the best sounding accent a person can have?
Oh, my dear. Australian.
231. What's the most boring thing you've ever read?
232. Do you prefer buttons or touch screens?
233. Do you think there is a lot of similarity between the Harry Potter books and the Lord of the Rings series?
I would hope
234. Would you consider yourself to be naive?
No. I've come to realize that I actually know more than I think. Or I guess I'm just very observant.
235. Which of your friends is most likely to go to jail?
I hope none of them.
236. What is the smallest amount of money that could be in a public toilet that would make you reach in and grab it?
20 bucks...I can always wash my hands.
237. Would you ever wear real fur?
I don't know. I'm not so much a fur fan.
238. Arachnophobia or Eight Legged Freaks?
Neither. I hate spiders.
239. What are your feelings about police officers?
They keep me safe. Even when they are giving me a ticket.
240. What is your favorite line from a song?
Right now it's, "But the baby in her womb, he was the make of the moon, he was the Author of the faith, that could make the mountains move." From Andrew Peterson's "Labor of Love"
241. Is fifty dollars a lot of money?
To me? Yes.
242. Do you like the band Front 242?
Never heard of them.
243. Would you rather have fame, money, or self-satisfaction?
244. What's your middle name?
245. What is the absolute limit, the craziest thing you would do for a million dollars?
Anything that doesn't have to do with sex, drugs or nakedness.
246. Are you good, evil or neutral?
I was born with evil (sin) inside of me, but Jesus covers over that now.
247. Should ebonics be considered a language?
248. What color is your bedroom?
What color would you like it to be?
I don't know. I think it'd be cool to have a teal wall.
249. When are you planning to move to a new home?
Not anytime in the near future.
250. If you added up the cost of everything in the room with you, approximately what would it come out to be?
oh wow, maybe $5,000.
251. Do you blow your nose in public?
Yes. Why not?
252. Do you want to follow in your parents' footsteps?
Definitely. My parents have laid out quite a legacy for my sister and me.
253. What is the coolest web site you know of?
I don't know.
254. Which cartoon would you most like to see turned into a movie?
255. Of the following, which word best describes you: enthusiastic, fair minded, generous, helpful helpful?
256. Can you eat with chopsticks?
Not a chance. I'm horrible at it.
257. Could you tell real money from counterfeit?
258. What do you think about school uniforms?
I used to think that I would hate having to wear uniforms to school but now that I look back, I think I would've saved a lot of money on clothes, it would be less of a hassle to pick something out to wear for school everyday and no one would be defined by what they wear.
259. What ancient civilization would you most like to visit?
I'd really like to visit Jerusalem back in the biblical days.
260. What would make a great new Crayola color?
I'll leave that up to the professionals at Crayola.
261. If an art project is created with the intent of getting rich and famous, does that cast doubt over its significance as a work of art?
No because you still have to be artistic to create a piece of art. Every piece of art has its intentions too.
262. If you became president, whom would you invite to sing at your inauguration?
263. Who is the greatest philosopher of your country?
This is a joke, right?
264. If all the nations in the world are in debt, where did all the money go?
I don't know. Ask all the boneheads who spent it. It's probably mostly gone to fund war.
265. Is it as easy to make you happy now as it was when you were a child?
Not really, but close.
266. Who knows more...you, or your parents?
Definitely my parents.
267. What instrument would you like to be famous for playing?
The piano or the guitar. Oooh, or the drums.
268. Children fill their lungs completely with air. Adults breathe in a more shallow way, not filling their lungs completely. Why the change?
That's an interesting question that I don't have the answer to.
269. Would you have sex with a stranger for one million dollars?
270. Are you completely in control of your body?
Are you completely in control of your mind?
271. Which is more romantic: an expensive, glittering bouquet OR flowers that were hand picked as they grew beside the parkway?
272. Do you know yourself well enough to understand why you feel the way you do?
273. Which do you do more often: let movies, songs and books put your feelings into words for you or put your feelings into words by yourself?
Definitely the former. I have a tough time putting how I feel into words.
274. Do you believe celebrities when they are endorsing a product?
275. What kind of movies do you wish were made more often?
Sports movies. They are so inspirational.
276. Does fashion matter to you?
It doesn't matter. But it sure is fun.
277. Should politicians be held to the same legal standards as everyone else?
Yep. We are all human.
278. What do you get in trouble for the most?
279. Should parents spank their kids?
Sure. I was spanked and I turned out good. I think it all depends on the child and the circumstances. Different children respond to different kinds of discipline.
280. What is your worst daily habit?
281. If you had your choice, which one TV show would you have canceled?
The Bad Girls Club. Redonk.
282. Do you like the taste of sweet or salt?
Both. But always end on salt.
283. Are you very precise about what words you use to describe your feelings and thoughts?
284. What do you feel the most guilty about?
Sometimes the way I spend my money.
285. Do you meditate?
286. Can dreams be visions, or do you feel they are always random images?
Sure they can by visions.
287. Do you try to write/say what you are feeling in a true and simple way?
288. The thief _______ that everyone steals.
What verb would you fill in the blank with?
289. What's the most incredible experience you ever had?
It's a tie between my trip to Honduras, seeing Wicked on Broadway, or walking around in Central Park
290. Are you ever afraid to write/say/think how you feel?
I'm sure there are times.
291. Do you write/say/think it anyway or become intimidated and try to avoid it?
I think I usually do it anyway.
292. What is one thing you can't do?
Tied a cherry stem with my tongue
293. Do you like movies starring Charleton Heston?
294. Are you gentle?
I try to be
295. When do you feel the most raw and vulnerable?
When I'm immersed in worship of my God
296. Are you trying to find yourself?
Yeah, I think so.
297. Where are you looking?
Probably not where I should be.
298. Are you sometimes afraid of being honest because you are afraid of hurting people's feelings?
Yeah, I think everyone is that way.
299. What would make you a stronger person?
I don't know.
300. What book would you like to read sometime soon?
The Blindside, Same Kind Of Different As Me, and Angels and Demons
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
I can say that I have one specific favorite but here are SOME of my favorites:
- The Polar Express
- Santa Claus: The Movie
- Dr. Seuss's How The Grinch Stole Christmas (Jim Carrey version)
- A Charlie Brown Christmas
- The Santa Clause (1, 2 and 3)
- White Christmas
- A Christmas Story
- National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
- Miracle on 34th Street (the newer version)
- Home Alone (1 and 2)
I probably could go on and on.
All the movies about Santa Claus just make me believe in Santa every year. I love to watch and see how the creators of the movies describe what they would think Santa and the North Pole would be like. It's so magical.
And of course, White Christmas just makes you long for snow. I love Bing Crosby. His voice is so mezmorizing. Those old movies are so great. They just don't make 'em like they used to.
And how can you have Christmas without the Grizzwolds and the 24-hour marathon on TBS of A Christmas Story. So great.
What are some of your favorites?
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
So I shall do 12 things in 11 days and today you get a double-doozy. The post. Not the cookie cake.
These are either things that I love about the holidays are that I HAVE. TO. HAVE. for it to actually feel like the holidays for me.
The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade
This is the official start to my holiday season. It doesn't matter when I start listening to Christmas music or what day I start decorating, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade is the official kick-off to the Christmas season for me.
I was a tradition for my sister and I to get up early and watch the whole parade through. Our favorite part is the Rockettes, of course, although we also love the Broadway features.
Although my sister and I are grown, and she has her own family now, we both still get up and watch the parade, with a full recap of the whole thing as soon as we get together for Thanksgiving dinner.
There's nothing like seeing the "Big Man" Kris Kringle closing out that grand ol' holiday tradition to get you in the Christmas spirit.
FBC Jackson's Carols By Candlelight
Ever since I can remember, Carols By Candlelight has been around. This year was actually the 40th anniversary of the program and I can't believe it's been that long.
I remember going as a little girl and being amazed by the story that was told. I know that millions of lives have been changed by this yearly display of the story of the Christ child. I've only heard a few stories but they are still enough to know that this is not just a yearly tradition -- it is a church's mission to spread the gospel to all ends of the earth.
When my family joined this church in 2003, my mom joined the choir (of course) and jumped right into Carols By Candlelight. She's been a part of special singing groups and has also sung several solos in past six years. It's so great to be able to see my mom using her talent to declare the glory of God in such an incredible way.
So there are your first two things of 12.
What are some of your favorite Christmas traditions? What gets you in the Christmas spirit?
Thursday, December 10, 2009
Trust me. You want to watch this.
But be careful. You might pee your pants from all the laughing.
Also check out parts one, two and three.
Also on a completely different note, I wanted to share this post by Annie Downs that really spoke to me as a fellow July baby.
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
More so, I am a fan of the Mississippi State Bulldogs.
Bowl season gets me so excited (not as excited as March Madness) because it calls for practically 24/7 college football. And there's only one thing that I love more than college football.
Anyhoo, I'm turning this blog into my own little SEC football headquarters. Need to know who is playing who and when and in what bowl and on what channel? Forget ESPN and all their mumbo jumbo. All they will be talking about his how great Alabama is and how "The Bear" shall live again. Or is it Ole Miss and how the South will never rise again because we are now the US of A and have been for a really, really long time now?
I know that everyone thinks that the SEC secured 10 out of 12 teams into bowls games. Not so true. Mississippi State and Vandy will be playing as well. Keep reading to find out where they will be going.
Now, in chronological order, here are your SEC bowl games (all times are central):
Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl (Nashville, Tenn.)
Kentucky vs. Clemson, Dec. 27, 7:30 p.m., ESPN
Advocare V100 Independence Bowl (Shrevport, La.)
Georgia vs. Texas A&M, Dec. 28, 4 p.m., ESPN2
Chick-Fil-A Bowl (Atlanta, Ga.)
Virginia Tech vs. Tennessee, Dec. 31, 6:30 p.m., ESPN
Outback Bowl (Tampa, Fla.)
Northwestern vs. Auburn, Jan. 1, 10 a.m., ESPN
Capital One Bowl (Orlando, Fla.)
Penn State vs. LSU, Jan. 1, 12 p.m., ABC
AllState Sugar Bowl (New Orleans, La.)
Florida vs. Cincinnati, Jan. 1, 7:30 p.m., FOX (If anyone has a way to get me tickets to this game, ring-a-ding ding me. I am will to sacrifice employment to see Tim Tebow play live and in person.)
AT&T Cotton Bowl (Arlington, Tex.)
Oklahoma State vs. Ole Miss, Jan. 2, 1 p.m., FOX (Go Cowboys!)
Autozone Libery Bowl (Memphis, Tenn.)
Arkansas vs. East Carolina, Jan. 2, 4:30 p.m., ESPN
PapaJohns.com Bowl (Birmingham, Ala.)
South Carolina vs. UConn, Jan. 2, 1 p.m., ESPN (If you're in town, come by and visit!)
Citi BCS National Championship Game (Pasadena, Calif.)
Texas vs. Alabama, Jan. 7, 7 p.m., ABC
And last but not least...
An unforgettable SEC matchup in the...
CHARMIN ULTRA TOILET BOWL
Mississippi State vs. Vanderbilt
Appearing in your nearest bathroom.
(Now don't get me wrong, I love m' Bulldogs and I know that next year we will be heading to a bowl game but for the time being, let's just poke fun at ourselves. It helps ward off all the tears.)
Monday, December 7, 2009
I know. I know. How can a library be distracting?
But somehow, Mississippi State's Mitchell Memorial Library has completely lost all its marbles and decided to host a rave last night to break up the monotony of exam week.
I think if more libraries were like this all the time, I might actually consider spending more time in them. Except I'd really never get anything done.
Take a look.
This girl really wants them to turn the lights off.
There's nothing better than a little school spirit and hatred of "The School Up North" to fuel some intense study energy in a bunch of college students.
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Friday, December 4, 2009
2. For those fans of the movie, A Christmas Story, here are a couple of fun links for crazed fans.
3. This story at ESPN also blessed my soul. A real kid, dealing with real problem, backed by real friends.
4. The Christian Rap. I found this humorous.
5. Six grand has been raised to build two more kindergartens in Vietnam. $60,000. That's a 6 with four of those "0" things behind it. Read about it here. Ain't God awesome?!?!
6. If you haven't checked out the Mocha Club Experience, please go check it out now. Two college guys giving up three months, including the biggest holidays of the year with their families, and going all over Africa to show the world what Mocha Club is doing with their projects.
The last video they posted was about their safari in the Masai Mara. Check it out.
7. And this...
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
1. Which Wizard of Oz character are you most like?
Why, Dorothy, of course! I've wanted to be her all my life. I love the way she befriends the strangest characters in the story, the ones who are looking for that missing piece in their puzzle. They help her out as she helps them out. They bring out the best in each other. And they work together to defeat the greatest evil. I like to think that's how it is with my own friends.
2. When you're deciding what you're going to wear each morning, which item do you select first?
I think the main piece (the shirt or dress). Then go from there.
3. What kind of animal do you think the world could live without?
I'm sure they serve a great purpose but snakes really do just creep me out
4. How many Christmas trees are in your home?
Only one right now. I don't have much room for more.
5. Would you prefer to be emotionless if it meant you didn't have to feel a heartbreak?
Absolutely not. The good in my life has always outweighed the bad and if I were emotionless I would be robbing myself of the joy that God has blessed me with.
6. Do you ever experience holiday let-down or depression?
If I have, I haven't really noticed.
7. Do you like Michael Jackson's music?
I really do. PYT. Thriller. Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough. Mostly his older music.
8. Why is it that we never judge people who have their teeth fixed for cosmetic reason, but every other cosmetic procedure has a stigma?
That's a good question. I actually thought about that today because I saw someone with an abnormally sized nose. I thought to myself, "Self, if I had a nose like that, I believe I would have to get that fixed just to make myself feel better." But I've often said that people should be thankful for what God gave them. I'm such a hypocrite.
9. Enjoy horseback riding?
I really do. It's so relaxing. I wish I could do it more. I don't think I've ridden a horse since I was in seventh or eighth grade.
10. Shoes -- practical or stylish?
I tend to lean more towards unnecessary. Ha. I'd have to say practical because I'm all about some flip-flops in the summatime, but really when it comes down to it, I love me a stylish shoe. (Just have some flip-flops in your bag, just in case.)
11. What was the name of your first pet? Feel free to post a pic.
Sandy. I really wish I had a picture to post. She was a great dog. Part basset hound, part yellow lab. Oh, she was loyal.
12. What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done?
Oh, dear. Zero.
Anyway, after a short-lived career in the German Football League, he's done several different jobs while also doing some freelance work. He contributes for Bulldawg Junction from time to time and recently pitched in his two cents about this past weekend's Egg Bowl.
I just love when former players give their opinion about games like this because they really see it in a different light.
Check out what he had to say here. I promise you won't be disappointed.
And we raced lawnmowers.
And I won.
Take that, Timmy T! You may be number one on the football field with a ball in your hand but you have no idea as to the skillz I have behind the wheel of a lawnmower. I mean I've only run into a tree once in my many years of grass-cutting experience.
Anyhoo, so Tim, if you're reading this and planning your next mission adventure for Spring Break, give me a call. I can make myself available.