Monday, November 15, 2010

fashionABLE

Y'all, I'm going to go ahead and confess to you right now that I have a small obsession with scarves. Ahem, small.

I go through different phases about every six months where I become obsessed with some item, whether it be clothing, food, etc. Right now, it's scarves. And this one has lasted more than six months, I'm sad to say.

Mocha Club isn't helping my little addition at all. MC recently lauched a new line of handmade Ethiopian scarves. And y'all, these things are beautiful. Not just because they are pretty and can complete a solid outfit but because there's a story behind them.

I love story. I love hearing stories. I love telling stories. I love knowing the stories behind people, places and things and what makes those people, places and things tick and work and special.

FashionABLE is special. Mocha Club is special. MC director Barrett Ward is special. Barrett has seen first-hand how life-changing these scarves are for women in Ethiopia. Watch this video and hear Barrett's heart for what is being done in Ethiopia right now.



Still need more convincing? Go here and read the stories of women whose lives have been changed by this program.

How about that? These scarves are saving the lives of women all over Ethiopia. They are giving them a safe outlet in which to sustain themselves and their families. I don't know about y'all, but that's worth $22 to me. Actually, I think it's worth a whole lot more.

I don't know about y'all, but I love when the money I spend goes towards making a better life for people who really need it. When it means more than giving money and getting an item in return. With a programs like Mocha Club and fashionABLE, you're not just getting what you pay for. You're giving opportunity, empowerment, sustainability. You are giving life.

So, if you're still looking for Christmas gifts or stocking stuffers or are two months late on a birthday gift, go order one of these scarves.

It really is the gift that keeps on giving.

(And it keeps your neck warm.)

No comments:

Post a Comment