Thursday, June 7, 2007

I HATE 18-WHEELERS!!!

I've just got home (about four hours ago...what can I say? A girl's got to unpack!) from my trip home to hang with Pops while Moms is gone on her 2nd beach trip of the summer. Yes, my friends, that's 2 beach trips for the Moms but she only considers this past one her only "real" trip to the beach since her first was spent as a chaperone for the snotty-little-spoiled-rich-kid senior of St. Andrew's Episcopal School. I sure wish I got to go on trips like that when I was in high school. The closest I got to a trip to the beach when I was in school was going to my parents' room while my dad's noise machine was on the beach sounds.

Anyway, the whole point of my post is that I hate 18-wheelers! I've always been afraid of them since I can remember. I mean, seriously, that's just too much automobile for the road. Just about every one that I pass has cars or ginormous steel pipes or gravel or freshly cut trees. I mean, I do everything I can to not have to drive behind them and if I do, I try to pass them as fast as I can because I can just see a wire popping loose or the truck hitting an abnormally large bump in the road and the contents of the truck tumbling on top of my, trapping me in my car. It's scary! I can't handle it. Furthermore, most are top-heavy, they can't stay in their own lane, some have extremely bad smells coming from them, and just about everyone of them sends rocks or mud or something of that sort hurling into my windshield. And not to mention when it's windy or raining the trauma it causes me.

So with the afore mentioned issues that I have with such massive vehicles, it's no wonder that my fear has turned to hatred. The latest issue I have with 18-wheelers their refusal to use their brake or accelerator. I'm convinced that they live and die by cruise control and refuse to slow down or speed up to accomodate other drivers! And the worst thing is when they get next to each other and wait for the cruise to kick in and speed up. It's not going to happen! Pedal to the metal people! There is not reason the people behind you have to suffer because you don't want to go over 50 miles and hour in a 70 mph speed limit zone. There should be a lane designated for 18-wheelers. That way they won't bother us and we won't bother them.

Anyway, that's my rant for the day. I officially have less than 60 hours before I take off for Honduras! I can't believe it! I'm so excited! And I'm amazed how I really have no fears whatsoever. It's definitely God working! I mean every once in a while I get a thought about getting sick or bit or hurt but it quickly goes away because I know that God is in control. I've learned too many times in the past year and a half that no matter how hard I try I cannot control everything and if I do try it's not going to bring good results, and eventually brings more stress upon me. I've never really had problems with having faith and believing that things will work out but for some reason (maybe it's because I'm in a new and different place in my life) Satan has been attacking me over and over. But I've learned to let go and give God control and never ask for it back. Praise God for the gift of peace and taking on our burdens so we can concentrate on what is important in life...showing His glory to all nations! I'm so excited to go to a country I've never been to before and just let God work through me!

1 comment:

  1. i'm a very anti-18 wheeler person myself! boo!!!

    honduras huh? wow...i hope you have an amazing trip.

    ReplyDelete