Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Hello Goodbye

Today I said goodbye to a great friend (well, maybe not goodbye...just "see ya later"). Leslie had her last day as the marketing intern at Samford today and she is off in about five days to spend eight weeks in Brazil. I'm not going to talk about how jealous I am. I'll just tell you how awesome she is. I will outline for easy reading:
  • She has one of THE MOST bubbly personalities of anyone I know.
  • Her apartment burned down two weeks ago and she has not lost a step. She's been more up-beat and grateful and has not stopped giving the glory to God.
  • She dresses unbelievably cute.
  • And she's just too sweet.
I'm definitely going to miss her. She was my token "girl" in the workplace. I can't wait to here all about her trip.

Good Luck Del!

Also today my family said hello to a new sweet baby. My cousin Laura, had her first, which makes the twelfth great-grandchild on my mom's side of the family. Payne Adams Pennebaker was born tonight around 8ish and was a little last the 8 lbs. I hate that I don't have a picture to show but my mom said he has lots and lots of dark curly hair, which doesn't surprise me since his mom has lots and lots of dark curly hair as well. It's funny that there are 11 girls and one boy in the line of grandchildren and every girl that has had a baby so far has had a boy except for one. Welcome to the world, Payne!

No comments:

Post a Comment