Thursday, May 15, 2008

Rainy Days Are Made For Staying In

There's only one word to describe today and that is "gross." It has not stopped raining at all today and now all the ditches here are starting to flood. I don't mind the rain though. It's much needed. Praise God for the blessing of rain. It was only eight months ago that we were praying for rain because of droughts in this area of the U.S. Now it rains at least once a week. I think today we got a weeks worth. I woke up this morning and just wanted to call and say that I wouldn't be at work today because it was a perfect day to just stay home and lay around.

Chris sent this to me today. The Mississippi State Alumni Association is pulling out all the stops for MSU baseball next year. They are offering a six day travel package of only $979 (which includes six nights hotel accommodations with the team at the Hilton Hawaiian Village Diamond Head Tower in Waikiki, a guided tour of Pearl Harbor, airport transfers and baggage handling, and bus transportation to games). All you have to pay for is you plane tickets. It's March 3-9 which I'm sure my mom wishes was her Spring Break. I definitely wish I got a Spring Break because I would sign up today if it weren't for my unpredictable schedule at that time of year. Who knows? Maybe I'll get a break and not have any home events that week. I can work away from the office. No problem.

I guess since I can't go outside and exercise (like I actually would have exercised if it wasn't raining), I will just stay in and follow the newest workout craze, Dave Barnes' first workout video. I received this in my email yesterday and could not stop laughing. If you don't find it funny, it's probably because you either have no sense of humor at all or have never experienced Dave's humor before. It's one of a kind. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment