Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wednesday Randomness

I'm sitting at work bored again. I ran out of things to do. So I thought I'd blog about excitement in my life.

This weekend I move into a new house. It's Kel, my roommate's. She thought since she's 30 now, she should actually be a homeowner. She offered for me to live with her and pay a very reasonable rent (much, much, much lower than any apartment I had found), so I didn't dare argue. It's a cute little house. Definitely built in the 60's/70's era and not so much updated since. Still cute though - 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, huge kitchen and eating area, living room and den, fenced-in backyard with deck (yay!), dishwasher (double yay!) and the only bad thing is not so much closet space (boo!). We are pretty pumped. Kel's a little scared. It'll be fine. Her dad is coming to re-do the whole bathroom and put drywall up in the kitchen over the hideous, splintery wood panelling. I'm starting the move tomorrow night. The "rents" are coming up, hauling a fridge (since we have to leave ours in the Samford house), a cheffarobe (I hope I spelled that right, it's a big dresser with a mini-closet in it), and a big trunk that belonged to my Papaw. I'll finish moving Friday after work and Saturday and then send the parents back home and then I'm off to...

Tampa! I'm flying down on Sunday for my first CoSIDA (College Sports Informations Directors of America) conference. I'm excited because I get to see my sweet friends Kyle, Tony and Kevin who will all be there for the same reason and I can't wait to hang out with my boys. Plus, it's freaking Tampa! Mandi also lives there and I can't wait to hang with her. It's been a long time. We are going to the Devil Rays/Red Sox game on Tuesday night. Can't wait for that! One step closer to fulfilling my life-long dream of seeing the Red Sox play at Fenway. It's not Fenway but it's definitely the Red Sox.

I fly out Wednesday and get back to The 'Ham around 1:30ish in the afternoon and then go to the new house re-pack and get ready to go meet the fam at Ft. Walton Beach the next day! I'm so pumped! We didn't get to do the family vacay to the beach last year because the sister was big-time preggers and I went to Honduras. I'm so glad to be going back this year and to be spending the Fourth of July with the family on the beach. It's William's first beach trip, and let me tell you, the kid is prepared. He has an outfit for everyday, cool new toys and a swimsuit with matching hat and glasses to last him for a few trips out to the shore a day for five days. Mom is especially excited because we will get to take the classic family beach portrait where everyone wears white. She even made me go buy a white shirt because I have shirt that is white, except for t-shirts.

I'll, of course, have to cut the trip short and go back on Sunday while the family stays until Wednesday but such is the life of a full-time gal now. I will be officially full-time at Samford being July 1 and so, at the end of July, I'll get my first BIG check. It may not be big to most normal people but to this girl who suffered through two years of an internship that was pretty much a full-time job, it's going to be BIG.

Hopefully, I'll have lots of fun pictures to share and maybe I'll even get to update while I'm in the Sunshine State. I'm so excited! I hope everyone has a great Fourth!

No comments:

Post a Comment