Saturday, July 25, 2009

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig

Well, we finally got home last night around 8:30 p.m. I've never been so happy to see Jackson, Mississippi.

We got stuck in Detroit overnight because our flight from Detroit to Jackson on Thursday was cancelled. Let me tell you, Detroit was not as cool as I thought it would be. I tried looking on the bright side of things, telling myself and my family that it's just one more state we can check off our list but by the time Friday morning rolled around, I was miserable.

I'm not going to lie, while we were in Detroit, all I wanted was to either be in Mississippi with family and friends or back in New York with new friends and seeing more sights. Someone is going to have to convince me somethin' good that Detroit isn't such a bad place now because I'm thinking I don't ever want to go back there.

Over all though, it was a great week. I didn't go into the trip with any expectations because I didn't want to be disappointed if things didn't really pan out. I went in trusting God that he was going to work out what he wanted to be worked out and work in his own way.

God showed himself faithful all throughout the week, turning bad situations to good and bringing his people closer together to bring glory to His name.

My favorite part of the week was the Bowery Mission as I wrote about here as well as making new friends.

As we were finally on the plane headed back towards the South, I really became enamored with seeing God's creation from a different perspective.



It's really interesting to see Earth from above the clouds. It's kind of peaceful and you think how in the world could some of the things that are happening right now happening. But then I remember how God is in control and seeing His creation from a bird's eye view reaffirms that truth for me. And brings me to an awesome place in my relationship with him.



Stay tuned for some of my favorite pictures from the trip. It's going to be hard to pick just a few. I'm sure I'll make a slideshow with most of them soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment