Friday, July 17, 2009

International Justice Day

What's your favorite holiday and what does it mean to you? You know, like most people love Christmas because of all the presents and fun songs and stuff. Or Thanksgiving, with all it's abundance of food and football and dog shows and parades. Fourth of July and the fireworks. Memorial Day marks the start of summer. Labor Day marks the end.

But what do those days really mean? What's the meaning behind them?

International Justice Day is a day when we all should open our eyes wide to the injustices of this world and see that we can do something about it. For me, it's becoming a day that I realize what's going on outside this bubble world of mine and get on my knees to plead to the Almighty on behalf of those who can't. Because alone I can't do a thing about it. But with Him, I've got all the help I need. You know, He's got the whole world in His hands, right?

Y'all, if you haven't already figured it out, there's some crazy business going on up in this world. Genocide, hunger, fatal disease, human trafficking, poverty, child labor, lack of education or medical care. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. I could go on and on.

Many organizations lend their help to promote this day. Today, I'm helping Mocha Club spread the word.

Watch this video. It's pretty awesome.


So.

What's it going to mean to you?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Katie! What an awesome post. I can't wait to see what your readers say!

    Thanks, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete