Wednesday, April 6, 2011

The Global Intiative

Surprise! This post is actually NOT about American Idol. Shocker. I know.

I hate that blogging has been put on the back-burner lately, since it's one of the very things that I love to do. Life has been kicking me in the hindparts lately, all whilst chasing me in this race some people would call work. I don't know that I've ever been this busy in my five years here at Samford. It's not all work's fault though. I'm getting ready for the next stage in my life (to be announced at a later date) and that, my friends, has been part of the problem. As lovely as it is.

But digress, I'm here to share a little linky click that meant to share about two weeks ago. This blog blessed my heart and I encourage you to read it and watch the videos and enjoy it as well.

It's called The Global Initiative and was written by my pastor, David Platt, on a recent trip to India. There are a few reasons why I love this link:

1. D. Platt has a way with words and his perspective on global disciple-making and the Word has completely revolutionized the way I look at the world and my faith right now. And he and his wife Heather are just precious.

2. It was so good to see my church family's faith, sacrifice and money at work in India.

3. It challenged me to look at how I'm living the gospel out in my everyday life. Especially the last post, "Do We Really Believe What We're Saying?"

I took about an hour out of my day a couple of weeks ago to read every post on this blog. I encourage you to do the same. Or at least break it up and read it all. I hope you are as challenged and encouraged by it as I am.

Enjoy!

Global Initiative Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment