Saturday, October 13, 2007

Birthdays, Baseball and Big Thanks

First I want to wish a Happy Birthday to three of my best guy friends in the world.

Happy Birthday Kyle! His birthday was Friday and is lovingly called "Kyle Gras." Kyle is obsessed with everything New Orleans and insist on having king cake for his birthday cake every year. I can always count on Kyle for a free trip to the Cheesecake Factory when he's in town and he's really the only person in the world that understands my complaints about work. Oh, and he loves the Bears and Mississippi State and hates Ole Miss and Alabama as much as I do.

This a very old school pic of me and my oldest best guy friend Drew. It's from when we were the leads in Bye Bye Birdie in high school. Drew is the best friend a girl could ask for. Such a gentleman and he took me to prom my junior year after I reluctantly dumped the jerk I was dating. He's way sensitive and he understands girls a whole lot more than any other guy I know...even though he doesn't think he does. We've been through a whole lot together. Some major ups and downs and inbetweens. We are pretty much so alike that we could be twins. And we've made a deal that we will marry at 35 if we aren't already by then. Drew's birthday was Thursday and I really miss celebrating with him. His birthday always fell on Mississippi State's Homecoming for some reason so we always had a blast celebrating with my four other guy friends that he lived with.

And last but certainly not least...



Sweet Chris! His birthday was also Thursday. He doesn't look very excited in this pick but that's probably because it's probably the last game of an eight game day at the SEC Basketball Tournament. We've experienced just about every SEC event together and suffered through grad school together...although he's still suffering. We also worked together in ITS or The Center for Teaching and Learning (as it is now known) at MSU as GAs. He's one of the sweetest guys I know and he loves Mississippi State sports just about as much as I do.

Yay for birthdays!

Next I just want to say Go Red Sox! And yay for sweet Jonathan Papelbon. As I type, I'm watching Paps, try to close out game two of the ALCS for the Red Sox. I have to say, I loved the Sox way before they called Paps up but my love grew even stronger when they did. I would love to see my BoSox get to the World Series again, so Let's Go Sox!

And lastly, I just got home from viewing the movie "The Kingdom." You know, the one with Jennifer Garner and Jamie Foxx about the FBI agents that go into Saudi Arabia to take down a gang of terrorists. All I have to say is "wow". I went with my roommate Kelly who works with injured soldiers all the time at her workplace, Lakeshore Foundation. She's heard story after story from many soldiers and said that it was a great depiction of the things that they say. I would have to agree. It really was a great representation of what our soldiers go through and it makes you want to hug and thank every soldier you come in contact with. So I just want to say a big "thank you" to every soldier out there that has fought for our country, especially in Iraq and Afghanistan, but also in the Gulf War, Vietnam and all other wars. I also want to thank their families. That couldn't be an easy thing to do to see your loved ones going off to risk their life for yours. It takes an amazing person to do that and God bless each and every one.

No comments:

Post a Comment