Monday, October 29, 2007

A fantastic week

I had a fantastic week and an even more fantastic weekend. However, my week didn't start out fantastic at all. I'd been quite stressed and overwhelmed with having to plan to host the conference cross country championships. Tuesday had not been a good day because of uncooperative and noncommunicating cross country coaches but the day soon turned around when my volleyball team beat the number one team in the conference as a blogged about in the last post. Well, after the match, the team had been signing miniature volleyballs for their campers that had come to see them play. I told my coach that I would like one signed by the players to commemorate the big win because it had been a great end to a pretty much long and sucky day. Well when I got to the office the next day, I found a regular sized ball with everyone signature and a note that said, "Thanks for all you do. We hope today is better." How sweet! I love those girls. I hope I'll be around next year to continue to get to know them. Here are a few pics of my ball.



So then my week got better as the Red Sox kept winning and the my MISSISSIPPI STATE BULLDOGS beat #14 Kentucky! That made my Saturday. Also on Saturday, my roommate and I hosted a Pumpkin Carving Contest at our house. We had lots of yummy goodies and fun friends over and we had the most creative pumpkin (the pumpkin throwing up its guts) but our friends Emily and Gina won with the tree pumpkin.

Then to cap off the great weekend, the Red Sox won the World Series, with Papelbon (the Bulldog) striking out Seth Smith (the Rebel and the mean boy from the pool when I was little) to get the win. It was great! I also was able to check something of my List of Things To Do In My Life as my best friend Bethany came down from Knoxville to go to the Ben Harper concert with me. This guy is so incredibly talented and just has the best voice ever. It was in the Alabama Theatre which is beautiful and has the best acoustics. I'll leave you with a little collage.

No comments:

Post a Comment