Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Sextuplets? Mm...no thank you.

My new favorite show is John and Katie Plus 8. It documents a couple who has had two sets of multiples -- first twins and three years later, sextuplets. Although, I love kids, especially cute babies, and hope to have some of my own one day, I am not, nor will I ever be, interested in having six at one time. (Unless the good Lord above sees it fit that I can handle it. I mean, He is in control here, but I digress.)

My cousin had twins a little over a year ago (after going through much of the same processes that the Gosselins went through) and she's got her hands full with just two! I can't imagine have two and then having six! Eight children all under the age of seven. No way Hose! Talk about stress!

Anyway, I do have to say that I admire them, as well as all parents of multiples. God definitely has handpicked you guys to be the parents of these children because it has to take a special person to raise multiples. So mad props to all of you multiples parents out there (including the ones that I know, cousin Angie, Jenny Manning Holloway). You are my heroes!

Onto another one of my new favs -- Colbie Caillat. I love love love this girl's music. Yesterday it was so yucky outside and I thought to myself, this would be a great day to just lay around the house and listen to some Colbie Caillat. However, with my job, I don't get the luxury of laying around the house very often. Maybe twice a season. Maybe. Anyway, Ms. Caillat has been compared to the likes of Jack Johnson, some saying she is the female version of Mr. Johnson; with which I would have to strongly concur. She's just got a fantastical soothing voice and great lyrics. Go check her out and I guarantee you will fall in love.

Finally, just some things that have really made my week. My beloved Red Sox have made it to the world series. I'm counting on them to make my year with another world championship this year.

Also my volleyball had probably the biggest win in our coach's career last night as they defeated our conference's No. 1 team, Jacksonville State, in three games. Three games! That's unheard of. It's best three out of five and our team has been known to blow some very important two-game leads. We have also been known as the team to sweep. Plus, Jacksonville State is our in-state rival and conference rival and the team that we have the biggest love-hate relationship with. Off the court, we like them. On the court, not so much. However, and I hope I don't jinx them by saying this, my team has somehow become a group of rock-star athletes and have had a fire lit under their butts and have played the best volleyball of their lives so far. So yay for my girls. It really turn a really bad, long day yesterday into one of the best days I've had here at Samford. Yay!

I want to leave you with a little dancy jig from Jonathan Papelbon. I guess if you just about lead your team to the World Series, you can do whatever you want on television. The fans love it so, whatever works.

No comments:

Post a Comment