Sunday, November 25, 2007

Like Aunt, Like Nephew

My Thanksgiving was somewhat surreal. It was our first Thanksgiving with our little William, Mississippi State pulled a huge fourth quarter comeback out of their hineys, and LSU lost to Arkansas (of all teams) in three overtimes. Oh, and thank goodness Auburn beat Alabama. Now the only bowl the Tide and the Rebels will be going to is the toilet bowl. Au Revoir, Coach O!

I was so excited to be there for the Egg Bowl. Thanks to my friend Tony, my mom and I got our hands on some fantastic tickets on the 45, about 30 rows up. As we sat there in the stadium, we couldn't believe what was unfolding in front of our eyes. What was going on? Who was this team out of the field? Well, finally at about the eight-minute mark of the fourth quarter, the Bulldogs decided to start playing and put together some amazing plays on both sides of the ball to comeback and get the Golden Egg back in Starkville.

On the way home, my mom and I listened to the LSU/Arkansas game and couldn't believe what we were hearing. I have to say that that if I wasn't a Mississippi State fan, I'd be an LSU fan. And I guess I am anytime the two teams aren't playing each other.

Anyway, but I was so excited to get to spend a few days with my new nephew. I'm quite a bit obsessed with him and I think I'll probably start becoming like Heather and LT are with Henry.

My nephew will be a month old on Saturday and it's hard to believe it. With all the time I got to spend with my little William, I've noticed many things that he does just like I did when I was little, that neither his mom nor his dad did. Here is a small list of things that we have in common:

- He sleeps with his butt in the air.
- He's jaudiced just like I was so he's quite yellow and will inherit his aunt's dark complexion.
- He also sleeps with his hands either up by his face or covering them.
- And he sleeps unlike any other baby I have ever seen. He goes to sleep easy and is hard to wake up.

Anyway, I had a fantastic weekend and I hope yours was the same. Can't wait for my 10 day vacation at Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment