Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thank God for Autozone

(Posted without pictures because Googling on Samford's wireless takes an act of Congress.)

So I slept in Sunday because it had been a long week and I knew I could go to the 6 p.m. service at church, which at my church is the same as the 9 a.m. and 10:45 a.m., just with about 200 people instead of 2,000.

Well, after I had gotten up and got going, I decided that I should go to the grocery store while I could and while I was in the mood. So I get in my car, put the key into the ignition, turn and....nothing. I press the gas and try again...nothing. Are you kidding me? My battery is dead. This has never happened to me at a time when my dad is not more than 5 miles away. Actually, it's never happened to me...ever. Plus, my roommate isn't home, the guys next door are gone, who do I get to jump me off. So, I call Dad to get his opinion. Here's how the convo went:

Dad: "Yello."
Me: "Um...I think my battery is dead."
Dad: "What makes you think that?"
Me: "Well, my car won't start and I have plenty of gas and oil and when I turn the key, nothing happens."
Dad: "Well, yeah, that usually means your battery is dead. So what do you want me to do about it?"
Me: "I don't know."
Dad: "Get someone to jump you off."
Me: "No one is home."
Dad: "No one is that Mayberry neighborhood of yours is home? Nobody?"
Me: "Well, maybe the people across the street are."
Dad: "Ok."

So thanks to making friends with the three families across the street through babysitting, I was lucky enough to find a neighbor husband at home with jumper cables.

So, he hooked his car up to mine and my car started right up. I, then, proceeded to Autozone to get a new battery and received very good help.

With that said, I'd like to say that I'm very thankful for Autozone. Actually, I'm very thankful for lots of things. So, in light of the holiday season, I'm going to take my cue from LT and list some things that I'm very thankful for.

The most obvious:
- Jesus Christ, my Lord, Savior King, Creator, Redeemer, everything
- My incredible parents who have never failed me and would do anything to give me what I need.
- An amazing, talented sister who is so inspiring it's ridiculous
- The best brother-in-law in the world; he's the brother I never had
- My beautiful nephew who I get to see in less than 24 hours.
- The bestest best friends ever, LB (Lauren), Casey, Bethany, Kyle just to name a few
- Awesome family including grandparents (living and dead) that would give literally everything they had to spoil their grandchildren
- A job I live even though it takes up every minute of my life
- The most amazing church, which I'm thankful that God has used to show me what I'm here on this earth for -- to declare God's glory by making disciples of all nations.

The little things:
- The breath of life
- ICEEs
- home cooked meals
- peanut butter M&Ms
- rainy days when you can just lay in bed
- having use of all my senses
- new friendships
- cookie cake
- mexican food
- shrimp fettuccini
- Mississippi State
- my talents
- TV
- wireless internet
- cellphones
- my car
- my iPod
- dates with my Dad
- spending the day with my sister
- going to Mississippi State games with my mom
- education

There's more where that came from but the game is starting now so I have to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment