Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Play Pump

I know I've slacked a little bit and I promise I'm going to put up a Holidays post like everyone else to give you a peek at what I did, but I received this info today and I felt like I had to share it immediately. I'm on this Africa kick right now. Well...I shouldn't say it's a kick. I should say that my awareness has been hightened about the needs in Africa these days -- both physical and spiritual. I'm trying to find a way to go to South Africa sometime soon but I've got to get the funds first.

Anyway, go to this link. It will take you to a page about the water in South Africa. There is a man that has invented a pump that is a suedo-merry-go-round that actually pump cold, clean water into a tower and the people can come get clean water from a faucet. They've placed them all over South Africa and hope to extend it to neighboring countries soon. The U.S. gave $16.1 million (I think) in September and that helped the inventor move to a bigger factory to create these pumps while also giving African locals jobs.

This is awesome! Go to the page and click watch video.

No comments:

Post a Comment