Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Brit Brit's Breakdown and 8 Things About Me

I try not to focus much on the downward-spiraling lives of the mentally insane and absolutely over-exposed celebrities but recently it seems that the media outlets, even the most respectable ones (if you can apply that adjective to any media these days), won't let me ignore the fact that there are some just plain crazy people out there.

Case in point: Britney Spears. The girl is completely insane and we are now seeing the effects of it as her kids are being passed around to different people from one day to another. However, I kind of feel sorry for Brit Brit. Since she was 11, she's been bombarded everyday (and every night for that matter) by relentless papparazzi. They never give it a break. And it seems that the worse life gets for her, the more coverage she gets. It's sickening.

I think the paps are mostly to blame for her recent breakdowns and crazy antics. Car crashes and crazy driving, public outbursts, weepy eyes in every picture. Who wouldn't be subject to this kind of behavior when there are 20 or more flash bulbs going off in your face? I sure as heck wouldn't be able to keep my cool for very long if I had people in my face 24/7. No wonder some people go off the deep end. I'd bet running over people's toes and maybe even running over people because I wouldn't be able to see where I was going for all the lights.


I hate to be channeling the YouTube guy but leave the girl alone people! You're the reason she's going crazy. She craves the attention and you are enabling her addictions. Let her be and maybe she'll having nothing better to do than check herself into rehab, for good.




Anyway, on a lighter note, figured I'd do this "Things About Me" thing that's been going around. My favorite numbers are really 74 and 46 but I think I'll just stick with my single-digit fav....8.

So here goes...8 Things you may or may not know about Katie:

1. When I was four, I almost die from chicken pox. Yes, it's true. I was in the hospital for a week...chicken pox outside of the body and inside...down the throat, in ears and everywhere you could think. The day I checked out, the doctors looked at me and said, "Well, Miss Katie, we almost lost you." However, my dad had just entered the room and heard what they said, he didn't like it.
2. I like to categorize things. Call it OCD, I call organized. I categorize everything, by color, size, year, alphabetically, etc.

3. My right index finger is shorter than my left.

4. I have a slight obsession with duffle bags...and now scarves.

5. I am very bothered when something stumps me. I research and use trial and error until I get it right.

6. I'm quite the technological guru.

7. Painting is cathartic for me.

8. I've climbed to the top of the Statue of Liberty, the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triumph (or however you spell it).

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete