Monday, March 3, 2008

Ella Minnow Pea

Time to play catch-up...

L is for the life that I would like to have back. I feel like the past month, much less the past two weeks, have flown by. There has been so much stuff going on in my life with my family and work, I haven't even had time to stop and think about it. I got a little overwhelmed last Wednesday when I got back to work from my long weekend at home and then again today a bit after a very long weekend of work. I'm so thankful though for what has gone on because not a single bit of it has gone without lessons learned, skills perfected or relationships strengthened.

M is for Mississippi State. I just had to honor my alma mater with this letter. As much as I love Birmingham, I do miss Starkville every now and then. I miss the atmosphere of game days, tailgating, The HUMP, and Dudy-Noble. There's just something about going to a big college with awesome athletics and a great atmosphere that just doesn't compare to a little college like Samford. Samford has it's good points but they are very few and far between. I get a little annoyed when I see so many students at Samford not taking pride in their school. They don't support their fellow classmates on the field and on the court and there are things on Samford's campus that are often more important that supporting their peers. Thank God that I chose to go to Mississippi State over Mississippi College because it was far enough from home and had the atmosphere it had.


N is for new things. New clothes, new shoes, new bags, new food, new friends, new family. I love it all. I like new things. It's always fun to go shopping and get new things and it's even more fun to make new friends. And I love love love my new addition to the family. My sweet Nephew William. Here is his cute little Christmas card.




O is for O'Charley's. My favorite restaurant. And that's all I have to say about that.






P is for parents because I have the best ones in the world. They have been through so much together, supporting each other the whole way. They have shown me what true love is and can't wait to have the same love. They have made me the person I am today and I credit them for introducing me to my Savior and teaching me how to love and serve him everyday. They have shown me what true sacrifice is and have taught me how to laugh and have fun. Thanks to you, Mom and Dad. You truly are my rock.


No comments:

Post a Comment