Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Survey Says...Olympic Fever

Forgive the overwhelming amount of posts today. Just take it as me making up for lost blog time.

From Linda.

1. If you could compete in one Olympic event (not necessarily winter sports) what would it be?
Swimming. Not sure which event. Probably the one that's over the fastest. Can Michael Phelps be my coach? Or Ryan Lochte?

2. Do remember a specific Olympic moment from the past?
The Carrie Strug stress fracture incident. I recall it as if it were yesterday.

3. Have you ever known anyone who competed in the Olympics?
Not in the regular Olympics but my friend Josh competed in the Paralympics.

4. If everyday activities were Olympic-worthy, which activity would you have a gold medal in?
Hitting the snooze button. Or the number of hours one can hit snooze. I'd win gold for sure.

5. Do you know anything about your ethnic heritage?
What does this have to do with Olympics? I'm pretty sure I have some Native American in me. Other than that, I'm not really sure.

6. Do you enjoy sleeping late?
More than life itself. Okay, maybe I exaggerated a little.

7. Have you ever performed CPR on anyone? Do you know how? (Yes, that's two, I know. Whatevs.)
Never performed on anyone. But I am certified. Or was. Maybe I should update that.

8. Name one country you'd like to visit and explain why.
Australia. Because they have really cool accents, I have a slight obsession with Koalas and I want to go to Hillsong and hear Brian Houston speak.

9. Have you ever fixed up a couple romantically?
Nope. To busy taking care of myself.

10. What is the last book you read?
Last book I finished was "Dear John". So good. I'm almost finished with "War Child" by Emmanual Jal. One more chapter to go.

11. Do you enjoy sleeping late? NO, YOU write the question! How's that for random??
Um, okay:
If you could start a charity/ministry of your own, what would it's premise be?
My answer:
I have many ideas about what kind of charity/ministry I would one day like to coordinate. This could turn into a whole 'nother blog post.

Ministry-wise, I want to coordinate a sports outreach camp. Using sports to share the gospel. Bring in athletes (Tim Tebow types) to speak to groups of kids (teams or individuals) about using their platform to bring glory to Christ. I would even take it as far as taking the camp to a team or to a different country. So, Tim, really anyone out there, if you need some help, give me a shout.

Charity-wise, I want to start a homeless shelter much like the one that is in the book "Same Kind of Different As Me" except I'd want to reach out to teenagers and/or refugees from other countries. So maybe not so much a homeless shelter. Just a ministry tied to a church comprised of a body of believers who know what their purpose in life is. Okay, so maybe that's more of a ministry as well too.

12. What is your favorite meal at your favorite restaurant?
This is pretty hard to answer because, as we all know, I am a lover of food. Shrimp fettucini alfredo to be exact. Well, shrimp anything to be exact. Well, seafood anything to be exact. But I have to go with the redneck in me and say there's nothing better than a platter of crawfish from the Cajun Steamer.

No comments:

Post a Comment