Thursday, August 5, 2010

Someone Call The Authorities

...'cause this blog neglect is out. of. control.

I know there's only about four of you that actually read this baby, but that's four folks that care what I have to say (or are just really bored), so I apologize for the blog neglect lately and for the upcoming neglect as well.

It seems these days that my mind is going much faster than my fingers are willing to type, so therefore, by the time I sit down to write about the things that I've been thinking about, my mind tells my fingers, "Dude, you should've kept up with the train."

I did have a few things I wanted to share today though.

As always, for easy reading and aesthetic pleasure, a list:

1. If you love The Bachelorette (like me) and you are slightly obsessed with Aly and Roberto (like me), you'll either love or hate this joint-post by Bryan Allain and Tyler Stanton. These guys present, "15 Life Lessons From The Bachelorette". You can thank me later. My favorites? 1, 2, 3, 5, 12, 14...well all of them really.

2. I posted on Twitter earlier today that if I could be half the writer that Donald Miller is, I would consider that a blessing. Y'all, the man has some serious skillz. Emphasis on the "Z" meaning I'm serious about the serious part. If you've heard of him, you'll know he wrote Blue Like Jazz, Searching For God Knows What, A Million Miles In A Thousand Years, Through Painted Deserts. All good stuff. They always leave you wanting more.

He's an expert on story, and has some great insight on God. So, it's no suprise that Don's (see, it's so good that I feel like we could be on a first-name basis and comfortable to shorten his name to Don) blog is a bright spot in my day.

I have my Google Reader tuned in to bring me the latest and greatest from his blog every day. I've really been enjoying his stuff lately. Especially his Lucy series, blog posts "written" by his lab Lucy and this one and this one.

3. I know this might be a little cheese-tastic to some of you, but for those of you who read this little space of the internet and know what's going on in my brain right now, I think you'll understand it. This scene from Sister Act 2: Back In The Habit is really resonating with me right now.



4. This guy just sang what America was thinking.


5. And finally...

Never give up.


Remember people. You can do anything you set your mind to. All you have to do is:

1. Believe in yourself. No, really believe. See that time you didn't believe hard enough because it didn't work...there you go. 30th time is the charm.

2. Formulate a plan of action. Like believing that no matter how many times it takes, you WILL crack that board over your head. Come concussion or forehead-to-spine stitches. Just believe.

3. Follow through. Follow through...all the way to the ER.

No comments:

Post a Comment