Monday, August 27, 2007

What a representation for South Carolina!

Ok...ok. I know nerves can get the best of you. But this is probably the worst case I've ever seen. Miss Teen South Carolina answers the final top 5 question.



OK...

1. U.S. Americans? Isn't that a little redundant? I mean I know there are South Americans and Latin Americans but we usually refer to them as Latinos or Brazilians or Peruvians or something like that.

2. THE Iraq? Are you serious?

3. And what does "The Iraq", South Africa, and Asia have to do with the percentage of Americans not being able to identify the United States on a map? Of course "The Iraq" and South Africa aren't going to be able to identify it, they barely even have food.

4. Just a little word of advice, don't use a phrase such as "such as" if you don't know how to use it in a sentence. It just makes it worse.

Ok. I apologize if this was rude. I never got the chance to be in a pageant in which I had to answer a question. The Hinds County Junior Miss deadline was changed and moved up and before I knew what was going on, it was too late. However, I'm sure if I was handed a question like that I would have at least touched on the American education system and not foreign countries.

However, Bubba from "Rick and Bubba" said that he was given the suggestion that we should hired more teachers from Mexico because they have no problem figuring out where the U.S. is. Ouch. Stop it. That was just wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment