Monday, September 17, 2007

What a weekend!

Well...all I can say is GO DAWGS!!! It was a weekend full of Bulldog wins for me, both Mississippi State and Samford.

So let's start with Thursday. That's where my great weekend started. The Samford Bulldog football won their second game of the season over Presbyterian College (a pretty good team if I say so myself. Their QB transferred from the University of South Carolina and loves to use the shovel pass. He used it at least once a drive.) And even though it rained the whole time, sometimes little drops, sometimes big, sometimes sideways, sometimes straight down, the Bulldogs were able to pull out a win. Yay for Samford!
Onto Friday, I was only at work for three hours, which was fabulous in itself because I can only log 40 hours a week on my time sheet (Heaven know I wait for the day that I won't have to fill out a time sheet anymore). So after two tornado warning sirens and two hours of Facebooking, I decided to head to the house. Friday evening, I get a call from my cross country coach saying that our best runner has one the meet at Alabama and both our men's and women's teams placed fifth, which was good considering the teams we were up against, including the fantastic and nationally ranked Mississippi State teams. Then an hour later, my volleyball team won it's first conference game of the season. The first one played, the first one won. We had a player set three new career highs for herself. It was great to see. Considering they haven't had a good season since they've been in this conference and they won only two conference matches last season.

Saturday, I was able to sleep in. I set my alarm for 11:30 so I could just wake up and turn on the TV to the MSU-Auburn game. Going into the game, I wasn't really feeling good about it but when I woke up on Saturday, I just had a feeling that it was going to be a good day. Needless to say, almost a flawless four quarters (at least on the Mississippi State side) later, Mississippi State has won it's first SEC road opener in like seven years I think. I was so proud of how the team played and very impressed by the way that all of our QBs stepped up their game. I fell so sorry for Mike Henig though. He just can't seem to play a game without getting hurt. I can't believe he made it through LSU and then hits his hand on someone's helmet against Auburn and breaks a finger. It's so sad. And that kid has a huge heart. He wants to be in the game, but his bones are just a little too fragile I guess. Someone needs to just pump that kid full of calcium supplements for the next couple of week. Got Milk? Gives some to Henig.

I ended up watching football all day and all night. After the State game I had to go run some errands but I got back in time to see the second half of the FLA-UT game. I started painting a humongo canvas for my nephew's room and then ended up watching the Alabama-Arkansas game. I made it through the third quarter and I couldn't take it anymore. I got tired of seeing Alabama win and after the helmet throw into the face I couldn't take it anymore. So I turned it to Oxygen and watch back-to-back showings of the Olsen Twin's hit movie New York Minute. Needless to say, my attention was focused more on the painting after the channel switch.
To cap off the weekend, my volleyball team won its second conference match Saturday night over the team that was keeping them from being at the top of the conference and now Samford volleyball is off to its best start since coming into the Ohio Valley Conference in 2003, is 7-4 (2-0 OVC) and number one in the conference for the first time ever. Go Bulldogs!!!!

P.S. The Bears and Broncos won. Yay! Sweet Payton pulled out a victory. Yay! And Eli played hurt and still got beat. Yay! Ha!

1 comment:

  1. I love New York Minute...haha...it was before the anorexia stage...I put your interview questions in the last post!

    ReplyDelete