Monday, September 3, 2007

Labor Day and West Nile

So while most Americans have the day off because it's Labor Day, and supposedly you're not supposed to have to work on Labor Day, I'm celebrating by working. Yep, that's right. I worked all weekend, coordinating a volleyball tournament, worked until 8 p.m. last night and now I'm back at work again because sports don't stop for holidays, seasons, or Jesus. (Well, I'm sure if he came back during a sporting event, all play would be halted but I've missed many a church service and choir practice because of my work that has to do entirely with sports. Anyway, so will all of you people who get Labor Day off are enjoying your day off, eat a grilled piece of food and lots of chips and dip, and have a Coke and smile just for me. (Don't feel too bad. I did come in a 11:30 this morning.)

On to the next subject of my blog, send up some prayers for my dad. He's had this rash for a few days that they thought was the measles or something but then they found out it was a rash that is possibly a symptom of the West Nile virus. He went to MEA the other day to get it treated and found out it was in fact a viral infection but that he would have to wait until the test results came back to find out if he had been infected with West Nile. I've heard how many people have died from West Nile and I really don't want my daddy to be the next victim. I know that's a horrible thing to think about but when it comes to a girl's daddy, I tend to think the worst. So say some prayers for my daddy and hope that he gets better.

Happy Labor Day! Don't labor to hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment