Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Muscle spasms, sports, baby showers, skinny dads, dinner with cerebral palsy, season premieres

Much to discuss, not a lot of time. As Heather says, I'll outline for easy reading.

1. Strange as it is, I've had muscle spasms in my back since Thursday night. After a sleepless night and a rough start to the day on Friday, I knew that I had to do something if I was going to have to be at work until 11 p.m. while my back is knotting and pulsating uncontrollable and might I add, very painfully. I took my dad's advice and decided to go to the doctor. So I headed down the street to the "Doc In A Box" that my roommate swears by. He determined that I was having spasms, told me that I should find someone to give me a massage (Ok...awkward since I work with mostly men), go buy a moist heating pad and prescribed me three medicines -- a pain killer, a muscle relaxer, and a mild narcotic. Six days later. Spasms still exist. I've run out of painkillers and am now finishing off muscle relaxers and mild narcotics. What can I say? I have a high tolerance of pain and an even higher tolerance of medicine. However, today it seems like it took me an extra 15-20 seconds for me to process things and get my brain around things than it usually does.

2. How about my three favorite college sports teams being off to great winning starts? The MSU Bulldogs are 3-1 for the first time since 2000, the Samford Bulldogs are off to a great 3-1 start as well, and the Samford volleyball team has its best start ever of 8-5, 3-1 OVC. The team is nationally ranked in digs per game (66th), our Libero Courtney Gay is ranked 14th in the country is digs per game, and one of our middle blockers, Sheriden Stangohr, is ranked 48th in the country in blocks per game. It's pretty much the best team we've ever had and we've already won more game this season than we did last season (we went 6-21, 1-15 OVC last season).

3. I got to go home this Sunday to be at my sister's first baby shower given by her church. They got TONS of presents and they had some really, really good cake. Really good. I had to write down all the gifts and who gave them. I hadn't done that since her wedding shower so I was a little overwhelmed. Anyway, it was good time and I got to see my family, and my brother-in-law's family, which is like family to me. It was so good to see my daddy, who has lost over 120 pounds. It's incredible! I'm so proud of him.


4. Last night my Tuesday night bible study group got together and cooked an easy to eat mexican lasanga for some Lakeshore members (my roommate Kelly works there) who have CP (cerebral palsy) and don't get a good meal often. We had a picnic in the park close to their apartment building and it was lots of fun. They are so funny and love to make fun of themselves and each other. I wish I had pictures of the whole event. It was too much fun. I think we are going to try to make this a monthly thing.

5. Last, but not least, it's season premiere time. I can't be more excited about tomorrow night. Grey's Anatomy and The Office both premiere and at the same time. I'm going to have to tape Grey's and watch The Office because The Office is just funnier and take priority. Heroes premiere Monday and was as good as I thought it would be. I missed the whole Grey's spin-off with Kate Walsh tonight because I was at church at choir practice but I'm sure I can watch it online.










Ok, that's it. I've spent way more time on this than I should've.

No comments:

Post a Comment