Monday, July 7, 2008

My life for the past week (Disclaimer: Long post, mostly pictures)

I got back Sunday night from a week in Florida. It was a much awaited and much deserved break and wasn't quite long enough but it was definitely refreshing. I left a week ago Sunday to go to the CoSIDA Conference in Tampa. It was a fun four days of seeing people I haven't seen in a long time, meeting new people, learning and getting to hear Dick Vitale and Billy Packer speak. Those two people may not be the usual "girl's dream speakers" but it very cool to see the lighter side to two guys who have made and extraordinary career out of doing something they absolutely love.

(view from my room in Tampa)

The highlight of my trip was getting to go to the Rays game and see the Red Sox play. I had the greatest seats thanks to Mandi, even though the outcome was not the greatest. Here are a few pics:

(Manny Ramirez batting.)

(Mandi and me at the game.)

(Me and Mandi with the Cowbell Kid. He's kind of like the Rays version of the Candy Man.)

I flew back into Birmingham on Wednesday, unpacked my bag, unpacked boxes in my new room in my new house, and then repacked my bag to get ready to go to the beach on Thursday. So I woke up on Thursday and headed out by 9:45 Thursday morning after a quick stop by Krispy Kreme for breakfast. Then I made my way onto I-65 and I was headed south to Ft. Walton. About five hours later, I arrived, only to find out that my parents and my sister and bro-in-law, with baby William in tow, had only just made it to Mobile, which meant two and a half hours for Katie to find something to do. I made my way to the Books-A-Million at Destin Commons to see if I could get internet to get some work done. The family finally got there and the fun began.

We had lots of fun, laying on the beach, swimming in the pool and shopping, as well as entertaining Sir William. He loves the beach, which is fantastic, because if you're going be in this family, you better love the beach and everything that comes with it. He wanted to eat the sand and he absolutely loved the pool. He's a natural swimmer. I hated to have to leave on Sunday while the rest of the family stayed at the beach until Wednesday.

I've created a slideshow of the precious babe in all his summer sun glory. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment