Friday, March 13, 2009

Clean Up On Aisle Four!

Wow! I can't believe it's been over a week since I last posted. I had lots of stuff up my sleeve to blog about and it all seems very irrelevant now.

It's that time of year again...a time of year that approaches about every three months. I've hit the wall of exhaustion. Hard. When Sunday comes, I will have worked over 90 hours in the last 10 days with multiple days of 10 hours or more.

I know I can't really complain because there are doctors and accountants out there that have definitely worked more than me but, most of the work I've done this week has nothing to do with my sports, so humor me.

The past week and a half has included (and will include) five softball games (one extra inning), four baseball games (one game of 12 innings), two football scrimmages, a golf tournament, an impromptu lunch with two baseball players who introduced me to my new favorite Philly eatery, and one interesting work scandal (that has nothing to do with me). Oh, and two free lunched, thanks to new sponsors. Yum!

Last night, at bible study, was the first night this week that I've been at home, and awake, for longer than 30 minutes.

And with that, sports have overtaken my dreams. This time, that means that in my dreams, I'm driving Samford baseball players around in my mom's minivan and worrying about what hole on the golf course my softball players are on.

Still, that doesn't begin to scratch the surface of crazy dreams in Katieland.

I didn't get to blog yesterday and I so wanted to because my parents celebrated their 32nd year of marriage. I could write a book about what great parents I have but I'll just say that they've shown me what a great love is and have truly displayed Christ's love for His church through their relationship.

My best friend Lauren Brown Pape also turned 26 on Wednesday and I was a bad friend and didn't think about it until 5:30 that day. LB and I have been through big stuff together and I can't believe that we have lasted 26 years together. It's incredible how God keeps people in your life even after a six-year silence. Wow! Much love to you, LB!

I wish I had pictures to complement this post but I just cleaned off my pictures from my work computer so I don't have any.

Well, the DAWGS are down by two right now in Tampa so I need to stop blogging and start cheering!

Until we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment