Monday, August 17, 2009

Favorite Vacation Spots

So Kelly's Korner does this weekly thing of Show Us Your Life, and this past Friday was "Favorite Vacation Spots". And I was totally going to join in on the fun since this was actually one that wasn't geared towards "married folk" and I totally forgot.

So I'm doing it now.

I have two favorite vacation spots. And they are completely different. One is a long-time favorite, and the other is a recently acquired love.

1. Ft. Walton Beach, Fla.

The El Matador {also know by the Walden Clan as Pedro's Retreat (don't ask. long story.)}


We L.O.V.E. the El Matador. And I really think we've probably been there for at least 7 out of the last 10 summer vacations. It's close enough to Destin to enjoy all that's there but far enough away from of all the hoopla that is Destin. And the picture above features "our pool".

See there are two pools at EM. One is always, ALWAYS crowded with kids and obnoxious guests. The other one is serene and not so much crowded. It's "our pool".
And the best thing about EM is that it's at the beach. My favorite place in the world. I absolutely. love. the beach. It's so relaxing and I just love being around the water. I don't know what it is. I just love it. And I love how God is so apparent in the surroundings. There's just something about being that close to God's creation that makes me so happy.

Now, the second place is the farthest thing from relaxing. It is...

2. New York City (especially Central Park)

I love the hustle and bustle of NYC. I love what it represents -- the history, the present, the future. The mixture of cultures and well, BROADWAY of course. Broadway is where God looked down and said, "Let there be singing of show tunes and choreographed dancing." And then he smiled and saw that it was good.

But one of my most favorite places in NYC is Central Park. I've always me intrigued by Central Park. All that nature is the middle of the concrete jungle. It's just so cool. And I've always wanted to go to it.

So, this summer, on my third trip to the Big City, I actually got to go. Somethings worked to our favor on our mission trip and Mom, Dad and I got a guide tour/lazy afternoon in the Park with our tour guide/new family member Kumar. And I instantly fell in love. It's such a magical place. Really. There's a castle and all.

Here is some photographic evidence, put to a sweet little tune.


Now, this will probably be my last one of these "Show Us Your Life" thingies because the schedules says that the next few weeks all have something to do with babies or weddings or cooking -- three categories that don't really show off the fullness of my life. Ha.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment