Sunday, August 16, 2009

Fighting

Last night at 1 a.m., I got into a little spiritual battle with Mr. Doubt and Mrs. Worry.

Now, if any of you know me, you know that I'm not really a doubter or a worrier. And I've basically said so in most of my writing. I just don't bother worrying that much. Some people take it as apathy, but it really isn't. It's just me trusting that God is who he says he is and that there's nothing I can do to change the circumstances.

But last night was rough. Satan attacked me big time and a wrestled hard. Until I tagged God into the ring. And he set me free. He finished the fight and chased my enemies away.

Glory.

So today when I was sitting in church, God reminded me of my fight. He reminded me that he's always faithful in my weakness and that there's no need for me to worry or doubt him.

He used my favorite thing that he uses to remind me. A song. Actually two songs.

And I wanted to share a couple of lines of each with you.

The first was Matt Redman's "Never Let Go". It declares:

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
Your perfect love is casting out fear.
And even when I'm caught in the middle of the storms of this life,
I won't turn back I know you are near.
And I will fear no evil,
For my God is with me.
And if my God is with me,
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?

Oh, no, You never let go,
Through the calm and through the storm.
Oh, no, You never let go,
In every high and every low.
Oh, no, You never let go,
Lord, You never let go of me.

The other song was Hillsong's "Desert Song." I remember my friend Lacey blogging about it one day but I don't think I'd ever heard it until today. The words spoke so true to me. Especially the chorus and bridge:

Chorus:
And I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon forged against me shall remain

I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here


Bridge:
All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

I really felt like I needed to share this post today. I'm not really sure why besides the fact of letting you know that spiritual warfare is a really real thing. Even though what I experienced last night wasn't life-threatening or whatever, it really is real. I've seen if first-hand with those that I hold dearly. It's scary and mean and not something to take lightly.

If you feel like you are being attacked, call out. Call out to God and He. Will. Rescue. You.

And He will never, ever let you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment