Tuesday, May 25, 2010

American Idol - Simon's Last Word

Well, it's here. The last hurrah. The final two. And the last show where Simon will be able to make people fell like crap...at least until his new show airs.

I have to say that when I saw both of these people audition, I had a feeling that they would go very far. And they did. All the way to the final two. Whoever wins, these two are going to make some serious buck. They are both incredibly talented and extremely humble and they both deserve all of the blessings that they will receive.

So, without further ado...

THIS. Is American Idol.

Lee DeWyze
Lee's Pick: "The Boxer" - So glad he picked to do this one again because it really was my favorite from the season. And tonight was no different. I actually think it was better than the first time he did it and the first time was great. How funny that Ellen just said that too.

Simon Fuller's Pick: "Everybody Hurts" - Is this the first time that anyone has every done R.E.M. on this show? This is perfect song for his voice and you gotta love a good gospel choir behind you. That was really good. He has really gotten to where he can really show his passion through his performance.

P.S. Nice pep talk by Simon. I was vigorously nodding my head and now I'm ready to go score the winning TD.
Potential First Single: "Beautiful Day" - Okay, I was not expecting a cover song but I guess the written song last year didn't really do so well for Kris Allen because it was overflowing with cheese (Sorry, Kara!). And I just stop and say that I love his red Chucks. So. I loved this. And I will buy it. So he needs to win.

Crystal Bowersox
Crystal's Pick: "Me and Bobby McGee" - I feel the same about this one that I felt about Lee's. It was great the first time and even better this time. I agree with Simon that the past few weeks, Crystal has been a little bit off her game. Tonight, she was back on the horse.

Simon Fuller's Pick: "Black Velvet" - I haven't even heard the first note and I know this is a perfect song for her. Okay, it was the perfect song for her and overall I think it was good. I think there were a few parts were she really got excited and maybe over-sang it a little bit and it didn't really sound good. But that was a rockin' performance and the crowd was eating it up.

Potential First Single: "Up To The Mountain" - Well, that was delightful.

Here's the deal, I wish both could win. Crystal is incredibly talented but I think America loves Lee more. This is going to be a tight vote.

I don't know what else to say except...

Walden. Out.

Who do you want to win?

No comments:

Post a Comment