Monday, February 4, 2008

Things, Things, Things

I got this little listing thing from my friend Anne's blog. She has three children and watches Seasame Street all the time. Somehow she got this idea from SS and decided to share it with others. So now I'm participating and you should too!

5 Things I Like

1. Family - I don't know what I would do without my family. I'm an extremely family-oriented person and I cherish every minute I get to spend with my family. I have the most amazing parents in the world who support me in anything and everything I've ever done and will ever do, no matter what. They are responsible for who I am today and I have to thank them for showing Jesus and leading me to him as He has protected me over there years for things that I may not have been able to resist without him. My sister is my best friend...now. I would have never said that when I was 12, but it's amazing what happens when siblings move out of the house. She's is my role model and I would wish when I was little that I could be like her. My brother-in-law is THE COOLEST bro-in-law ever. He's the big brother I always wanted and never had (I would pray when I was little that I wished I had a brother that was six years older than me and I got him when my sister got married.) He treats me like a real sister and a friend and I love him for that. He would also do anything he could to help me and protect me. Not only does my future husband have to pass the "Dad Test", he also has to get the "Brother-In-Law Stamp of Approval". Oh and who can forget sweet William, my nephew. He is the cutest and smartest baby ever. He's growing more and more everyday and I'm jealous of those who get to have contact with him every single day. We are kindred spirits.

2. Food - I don't care what it is. I love it. I especially love junk food as I can make my way through a box of Krispy Kremes, a sackful of Krystals, a bag of chips, and a crockpot of rotel in one sitting anyday. It's even better when the food is free. If you want to get me to something, just say there will be free food and I'm there.

3. My church - See the various post about christianity and church for my thoughts about my church. It's amazing and I've learned so much these past two years because of it.

4. Napping when it rains. There's just something about the rhythm of the rain that gets me sleepy.

5. Music and painting - Both are cathartic for me. I'm not very good as expressing my feelings but give me a good song with the right lyrics and I'm good. That's why I think that I would have been a great songwriter in another life (maybe even this life, with some help) because I express my feelings so much better through written word and song, that I could ever try to with spoken words. Painting is just relaxing to me. There were many times in college that I would get upset or frustrated and just sit down and paint because it took my mind off of the situation and made me feel better.

5 Things I Don't Like

1. Smoking - I've had to deal with smoking grandparents all my life and I hate the smell of smoke, the way it makes you look, the way it makes you smell, the way it kills you. It's just gross. The best thing this country, or at least some cities in this country have done, is to ban smoking from public restaurant and bars. It's great! Now I can go somewhere and not worry about leaving smelling like an ashtray. There are some places in Jackson that should take on this philosophy.

2. Driving in the rain - I hate it. It freaks me out. I mean like sprinkles are okay, but when it really starts to pour, I get antsy. And I know it can't be good for the people around me. I don't lose control but I definitely head for the house in a more determined way.

3. Feeling out of place - I hate being the third wheel or going to a party or wedding or any kind of function and feeling out of place or ignored. It's not conducive to my social existance.

4. Rosie O'Donnell. That is all.

5. Collard greens. Yuck.

Three things I Care Nothing About

1. Politics - Sad but true. I really should. And I can't use the excuse that there are more important things to worry about anymore. Because there aren't. If your a frequent reader of my blog, which I'm sure I'm speaking to the hard drive right now, you have noticed that I've tried to care a little about the subject and I heavily back Mike Huckabee. But ask me what I think about the issues on the docket and I couldn't give a response. I'd just say, I agree with Huckabee.

2. Britney Spears.

3. Who's pregnant in Hollywood now?

No comments:

Post a Comment