Friday, February 27, 2009

The Rain Came Down For 40 Long Day-sees Day-sees

I think my neighbor across the street is building an ark. Seriously. That's how bad it's been raining here today. It's been thundering and lightning all day long. The rains have not ceased.

However, I'm madly thankful for the rain today. Because of it, I somehow got out of going to work at all today. I was supposed to go score a softball tournament at noon today, but all games were canceled for the day and I didn't get out of my pajamas until 4 p.m. I mean I was ready to go to work by noon but I just didn't get out of my pj's until then.

I thought long and hard about actually getting out in this weather. Nevertheless, I had to because there was some much needed grocery shopping to be done and I knew I wouldn't have a chance to do it at a decent hour at any time this weekend.

So, at 5 p.m. I ventured out into a rain that had recently been downgraded from "monsoon" level to just "50 gallon drums of rain" level.

Now, people, I have somewhat of a anti-umbrella fixation. I have an umbrella but it gets used very seldom. It's just too much to handle, especially when you know you will be coming out with a lot more than you went in with.

I also have a small anti-shopping cart fixation as well. Although I use them at the store when I know I'm going to be getting more than I can hold in my arms, I loathe pushing them out of the store, especially when I am not parked right beside a shopping cart "drop-off area" (for lack of a better word).

This makes shopping in the rain a bit more challenging. But I'm always up for a challenge, right?

Good thing I had my trusty Sperry Topsiders on. I loathe having wet shoes. I'd just as soon go barefoot before having to walk around in wet shoes.

Anyway, I made it there and back but no before my car decided to go into Transformer Mode and turn into a boat. Any other way, I wouldn't have gotten home.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I love my new friend Zippy. Besides being one of the funniest people I've ever met, she's introduced me to two great artists in the last 24 hours. I introduced you to Landon Pigg last night. Tonight, ladies and gentlemen, I give you Eric Hutchinson.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As most of you already know, I have small obsession with anything to do with dancing. Especially dancing shows. So You Think You Can Dance has quickly made it to my top 10 of favorite TV shows. However, now I've fallen in love with MTV's Randy Jackson presents America's Best Dance Crew.

Besides the fact that Mario Lopez is the host and tries to be way more "street" than he really is, I L-O-V-E this show! People do things on this show that I wouldn't even imagine could be done. Insanity in motion put to some mad hip-hop mixes. It's crazy. And this season is my favorite because the best crew, in my opinion features two of SYTYCD's own top 10. Season one's Ryan and season three's Hok and Dominic. (I wish I could find something substantial to link to their names but it's late and I don't have the patience to search.)

These three guys are in Quest Crew, who I'm sure will take the title. See below videos for evidence. Although they were in the final three with two all-girl groups (who brought it every week), they are now in the finals with Beat Freaks, who I believe broke out one of the most insane and mind-blowing performances of all three seasons.

I leave you will more videos. The first two are of Quest Crew and the last is of Beat Freaks' crazy performance.

1 comment:

  1. I like the boy? group but they should spend more on hair cuts.

    ReplyDelete