Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Baby Baluga In The Deep Blue Sea..

Does anybody remember that episode of Full House where Michelle walks around singing "Baby Beluga" during the whole episode? I love that show but I hate that episode because I end up singing the song for the rest of the day.

And now I'll be singing it for the rest of the night. And so will you.

Anyhoo...

The whole point is that I actually saw a baby beluga whale this weekend. 

I went to visit Bethany in Athens, Ga., this weekend and we made a little trip to Atlanta Saturday to go to the Georgia Aquarium

And y'all, that place was well worth the 35 bones I spent on a premium plus pass.

It was amazing to spend an afternoon with so much of God's creation. There really aren't words so I'll just show you...


Very cool wall o' fish. Yeah, that's a whale shark at the top.

Cool porthole in the bottom of the big tank where all the sharks and rays and fish are.

This is the tunnel under the fish tank.

This is right when you walk in. There are cownose rays and bonnethead sharks in there that you can touch. Really neat.

And here's Niko, the baby beluga.

It really was a fun day, even if I never saw any of the Real Housewives of Atlanta.

I can't wait to go back and visit so I can see more of Athens (such a cute town) and do more tourist stuff in the ATL. Like Six Flags. Because you really can't go to ATL and not go to Six Flags. Or at least I can't.

Anyway, it's always good to see my bfry Bethany. We get each other and we fight like sisters. It's kinda funny. It's a weird kinda love we got for each other. Plus, we can whine to each other about still being single.

And we tell each other that we are hot. You know, just to boost the ego a little bit.

Bethany also gave me the grand tour of the UGA campus, including driving past the phat KD house and showing me the football weight room on the way up to her office.

It's weekends like that one and the ones that I get to spend with my family that make me so grateful for the blessings that God has given me in my family and friends. It's no mistake that God hand-picks people for your life and places them there in certain times for certain reasons.

I can't imagine my life without the greatest friends and family a girl could ask for. To those reading, when I'm with you, I never feel alone. I never feel inferior or uncool or unpopular or not wanted. Thank you for being the best part of my life. I mean, besides God, of course.

3 comments:

  1. umm...yes. i totally remember that full house episode. THANKS for putting it in MY head now!!! i will be singing it all night! ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I pride myself on being pretty much a Full House junkie, I cannot remember that song. But I'm afraid to google it because I don't want it stuck in my head :) haha

    I LOVE the GA Aquarium. I went a couple of years back when I was recruiting in ATL. It is AWESOME.

    Sweet post Katie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are pretty special to all those friends and family.

    I think you and Bethany are pretty "hot" and can't believe that some guys haven't scooped you two up. I think they are afraid or probably feel they are not worthy to date you guys.

    ReplyDelete