Monday, June 29, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

It's late but I feel the need to wrap up the weekend on this here blog. So I'll do so quickly and efficiently with a numbered list.

1. Friday night I went to Easely Amused with Casey and her friend Nicole joined us. It was fun and great to get back to painting. I haven't painted anything in probably two years since I painted a Noah's Ark for William's nursery. It was a two canvas class called "Romeo and Juliet" we were her ginuea pigs on this project. Here's the finished product. 

2. Saturday, we had a good time with Taco Night with the fam. And homemade strawberry ice cream. Here's the latest documentation of the cuteness that is William Charles Johnson.

3. Sunday, we went to church of course and it was great as usual. We lunched at P.F. Chang's which was amazing then after Dad and I napped, we headed back to church for "Let Freedom Ring" and to watch Mom do her best impression of Kate Smith singing "God Bless America". And it was awesome, per usual. Her mother and father, I'm sure, were up in heaven going, "Yep, that's our Libby." There was also an awesome tribute to WWII where seven veterans from our church were interviewed about their time in the war. It was humbling, to say the least.

4. Tonight, I saw My Sister's Keeper and it was so good. And so sad. I held it together until about the middle and I lost it. I definitely had the ugly cry going on in the Vestavia Rave. Good thing it was dark.

5. And last but not least, I must comment on tonight's episode of The Bachelorette because there was much too much goodness to just leave things be. I'll take from a wall post I post on my Bachelorette buddy Bethany's wall tonight. 

1) Wes = D-bag. He makes me want to go buy steel-toed cowboy boots and learn Karate just so I roundhouse kick him in the face. 

2) Jake is killing me. He's totally THAT guy.

3) One word: Ed. And I add a few more words: did I tell you he was coming back or what?

4) P.S. He's precious. And if Jillian doesn't marry him, I will. No matter how old he is. But I won't move to ChicAHHHgo.

5) Jillian's yellow dress is clutch. And was it just me or does the necklace she has one look like it's lighting up?)

6). Ed is back! Woo! And see #1 for my thoughts on the last rose.


That is all.

1 comment:

  1. ok. i am torn about seeing my sisters keeper. i have a couple of friends who are just refusing to go with me because of the sadness it will bring, but there's still a part of me that wants to see it. i'm guess it will leave me feeling the same as marley and me...loving and hating it at the same time!

    ReplyDelete