Thursday, June 11, 2009

Blog-Linkity Goodness 6.11.09

A few things to note that I ran across today on the "interweb".

1. Remember the "Fred Smoot for Heisman" campaign several years ago? Well, soon there might be a "Fred Smoot for the PBA" campaign launching. Confused? Read more here.

2. The Alabama Crimson Tide might have to surrender up to 21 wins soon. ESPN.com said today that the NCAA will reveal later today (Thursday) that the Tide "must vacate victories from 2005 through 2007 that included player who improperly got free textbooks for other students". Read more here.

Considering we won in '06 and '07, that would only leave question for the 17-0 loss in Starkville in 2005. Keep your fingers crossed, Bulldog fans.

3. Another beauty queen bites the dust. Miss California USA Carrie Prejean heard two infamous words from "The Donald" trump yesterday: "You're fired". It probably sounded more like, "Yuh fyahed", but I digress. Supposedly, she was de-throned "based solely on contract violations, including Ms. Prejean's unwillingness to make appearances of behalf of the Miss California USA organization."

Ms. Prejean thinks differently: "I've tried to reach out to them and I've done several appearances and I'm going to be presenting at the Special Olympics this weekend as an honorary guest. I mean, I've been cooperating with them. I don't see why this is happening. It's just because of my answer, I think. None of this would be happening right now if I just said, 'Yeah, gays should get married'."

It seems like the "Bad Beauty Queen" issue only comes around once in a blue moon but the media always seems to annoy the blazes out of people talking about it all. the. freaking. time.

I hope that since they got past the comment and the pictures and she still retained her crown, that now that they've done enough digging and had determined that she wasn't doing her job enough to fire her, that they will let. it. go. already. Fortheloveplease!

4. THIS is awesome! Too bad the brother-in-law didn't think about this for a groom's cake seven years ago (seven years? really?) when he married my sister.

5. And lastly, I saw this on Hoodrat Stuff (great fun. check it out. shout out AGL!), shared it on Twitter and Facebook but I feel I must share on the el bloggo for those Bulldog friends that haven't seen it yet. Enjoy. I hope you laugh as hard as I did.

1 comment:

  1. How in the WORLD did they cut and eat that cake? That is my first question.

    My second comment... I totally want a Fred Smoot bowling jersey. He will be the first smack-talking bowler in history.

    And thanks for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete