Friday, October 9, 2009

Blog-Linkity Goodness 10.12.09

1. Y'all know I love me some Olympics. Especially when Michael Phelps is involved. But this has nothing to do with Michael Phelps. Golf and rugby will be included in the 2016 and 2020 Summer Olympics. I think this should be pretty awesome, especially since they are bringing golf back where it essentially started, in Britain.

2. So, this makes me really thankful that I live in America, considering the amount of speeding tickets I've had in my driving lifetime so far. Remind me to just not drive in Finland or Canada.

3. According to this, I should probably proofread more. Especially in this economic state.

4. Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize for "his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and co-operation between peoples". No offense, but I put forth great effort in getting out of bed at 6 a.m. everyday and am not really successful. So what's my prize? Now, I'm not saying that Obama is a bad president or that he doesn't deserve to get this award maybe one day in the future. I'm just saying what everyone else is saying -- it's just a smidge premature, don't you think?

5. This guy is one smart parking attendant.

6. This guy forgot that the helmet is supposed to protect you from having your head split open, not assist you in the process.


7. Have you seen the previews for this 2010 movie? No? Take a look.



Looks pretty cool, huh? I can't wait to see it. I'm a sucker for some wicked CGI movie stuff. But there's one thing bothering me about this movie. It's killing me how so many people are freaked out about this. Even the Maya have now said that this prediction is untrue and that have no idea what it's all about. A little hint to all the people out there freaking out -- go read the New Testament of the Holy Bible especially Mark 13:22.27, 32-33, Acts 1:7, 1 Thessalonians 5:1-2 and pretty much the whole book of Revelation.

I guess that's reason that I'm not freaking out. Because I have faith that what I believe in is true and although I'd love to get married and have children and such, I know that if the world ended today, I'd be marching up to heaven with my Savior and Father.

8. And while we're on the subject of the Bible, there's a new Jesus movie in the works -- a word-for-word, verse-by-verse film adaptation of the Gospel according to John. It's to be called, Jesus...No Greater Love. Check out the press release here. And donate if you feel called to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment