Tuesday, January 12, 2010

5,000 Question Survey (Part 5)

401. Some say that high school is the best time of your life. Was that true for you?
I wouldn't say the BEST time of my life because there are different levels in different stages to that, but I definitely had fun and there are things that I miss every once in a while like Colonel Classics, plays and Friday Night Football.

402. What do you find yourself encouraging others to try?
Anything that they want to try. But usually food.

403. Which is better: Mel Brooks or Woody Allen?
Mel Brooks. I don't really get Woody Allen but Robin Hood: Men In Tights cracks me up. Every. Time.

404. When was the last time you were up all night?
Ha. Monday. Decadron shots'll do that to ya.

405. __ is life. The rest is just details. Fill in the blank.
Hold on. Let me pull out my collection of t-shirts circa 1994 that had this on it. Really? God is life. He takes care of the details.

406. Are people too complex and different to be categorized?
Not really. Things and people are categorized every day.

407. Is it good to have pride in your own race or does that separate people from each other because it makes them think of everyone else as 'outsiders'?
It's good to have pride in your own race but there's a line that can be crossed. Having pride means being proud of where you come from and what you've overcome but there's a little bit of humility that makes pride what it is.

408. What fictional story would you like to live through?
The Wizard of Oz, no doubt.

409. Are cats or dogs smarter?
Dogs rule!

410. Have you ever guessed someone's password and broken into their diary?
No. Plus I didn't know diaries had passwords.

411. What teacher, if any, has effected you the most in your life?
I have four. Coach Rob (10th grade World History), Billy Avalon (Journalism and AP Senior English), Karyn Brown (College broadcasting), David Ridpath (Sports Admin)

412. Are you more easily bored or excited?
Easily bored.

413. What's the bravest or most daring thing you have ever done?
Hmmm. That's hard to say. I once fell in front of the whole school as a senior and then wrote a newspaper column mocking myself.

414. "What's the point of robbery when nothing is worth taking?" (- Adam Ant)
Good point.

415. If your man or woman served you breakfast in bed as a treat what would you want?
Waffles with strawberries and whipped cream, bacon and little sausages.

416. What do you do only when you are upset?
Say foul things.

417. What's the oddest CD in your collection?
Probably Pure Disco.

418. What's the best diary name you ever saw?
I don't know.

419. What would your friends be surprised to learn about you?
Usually my friends know just about everything about me so I couldn't really answer this question.

420. Who owes you an apology?
Ha. There are a couple of people.

421. Who deserves an apology from you?
I don't know. I think I took care of the apology thing last month.

422. How would you like to treat your kids differently from the way your parents treated you?
I really wouldn't change anything. I think I'm the way I am because of how my parents raised me.

423. Which do you like best: 60's, 70's or 80's fashion?
60's

424. What is the worst pick up line ever used on you?
I used to have a book of these. Don't have it on me though.

425. Of the following, which word best describes you: inventive, kinetic (energetic), light-hearted, mature
light-hearted

426. Do you own a record player? If so, do you use it?
No.

427. How easily do you make friends?
Depends on the situation I'm in. Usually I'm pretty good at approaching people when I have to.

428. What is the difference between having character and being a character?
Having character is the way you react to a situation. Being a character is what you are in a situation.

429. Are there any animals you flat out refuse to touch?
snakes and spiders

430. Do you care about your weight?
Yes.

431. Did you/will you go to the prom?
I went to three.

432. Have you ever wanted to date twins?
Uh, no.

433. What one thing would you change about high school if you could?
I don't know anything that I would change.

434. If you came with a warning label, what would it say?
Ha. Keep well fed and you should be okay.

435. Are you artistic and creative?
both

436. What were you (probably) doing on this date last year?
Probably the same thing I'm doing now. Getting ready for a basketball game.

437. What are you obsessed with?
The Royal family and Central Park

438. What was the last compliment you received?
I don't know. Haven't gotten one in a couple of days.

439. Do you have any brothers or sisters?
One sister. Anna.

440. Who would you like to be alone with right now?
Myself. I'm tired.

441. Do you push people away when you really want them to come closer?
No.

442. Is a prenuptial agreement necessary or does it take the romance and trust out of marriage? Depends on who you are and how much money you have.

443. Do you lie your way out of things?
Not usually.

444. Are you better at talking or listening?
Listening.

445. What will only happen to you once in this lifetime?
Salvation.

446. Know of any conspiracy theories you think might be credible?
Nah.

447. What are the most beautiful words that have ever been spoken to you?
I'm proud of you.

448. If it were legal would you own a human slave (race unimportant)?
No.

449. Have you ever read your own writing at a poetry reading?
No. Don't do poetry.

450. What is one simple thing that gives you the happy shivers?

Cookie cake.

451. What do you do for exercise?
Dance, elliptical, run/walk.


452. Would you rather have a strict teacher with a sense of humor or a lenient teacher that doesn't teach?
Strict with a sense of humor.

453. If you ever have a baby what might you want to name it?
I have a few names rolling around but I don't want to say for copyright issues.

454. If you won free tickets to a concert from a radio show and had to choose between Inxs, Poison, Blondie and Moby, which would you choose?
Blondie.

455. Are you a good cook?
I'm sure I could be if I ever did.

456. Do you prefer when things come with no assembly required, even if they are a bit more expensive?
I got for cheap. Besides, I don't mind assembly.

457. Start a sentence with the words: what if
What if I dont?

458. Are you more spontaneous and unpredictable or loyal and routine?
Usually loyal and routine.

459. What is the highest number you can count to in your head?
I'm sure as high as you can count.

460. How do you go about losing weight?
Work out. Eat better.

461. Do you have street smarts?
Of course, yo.

462. Do you have a lot of common sense?
Yeah. I kind of surprise myself sometimes.

463. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
It's a toss-up between strawberry cheesecake and strawberry shortcake.

464. What's your favorite movie that involves dancing?
Oh wow. Probably either Step Up or Center Stage.

465. Would you ever want to become a guest on a talk show? If yes, what would the show's theme be?
Sure. I don't know. I'd like to do something big enough to get on Jimmy Fallon's show or Craig Ferguson's show. They're just funny.

466. Do you like the way you look naked?
Not really.

467. Have you ever dissected an animal?
Yep. A worn, a frog, a crawfish, a fish, and some other animals that I blocked out in zoology lab.

468. Who do you know who is brilliant?
I've always said that Scott Gibson is one brilliant kid.

469. Who do you know who is dull?
I know a few. Won't name names.

470. Do you ever think about time travel?
Often.

471. What is one interesting fact you know?
New Zealand was the first country to allow women to vote.

472. Do you talk to yourself?
Of course.

Do you talk to your pets?
Definitely.

473. Do you believe that humankind has a future in space (will we live there some day)?
No.

474. Would you rather wear clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty or more delicate outfits?
Depends on what I'm doing.

475. How do you 'live life to the fullest'?
Live with the knowledge of what my future holds, why I'm here and that I don't know when it's going to end so I should do what I need to do now before I run out of time.

476. Are you sloppy or a neat freak?
I would say I'm in the middle. However, I'm a stickler for putting things back where you found them when your done with them. Thanks Mom.

477. Would you rather have a trunk full of nickels or half a trunk full of dimes?
Dimes.

478. What is the worst mistake you've ever made?
Holding on to a relationship that was crippling me.

479. Are you in good health?
Sure.

480. Are you patriotic?
Yes.

Let's play fact or crap.
Ok.

Is it a fact? Or is it crap?
Crap. Oh, wait.

481. The greenhouse effect is bad for your health.
Fact and crap.

482. There are about as many molecules of air in one breath as there are hairs on your head.
Fact.

483. The Miss America pageant started out as a contest in which people decorated wheel chairs and one chair was judged the prettiest.
Crap.

484. To remove a tattoo a physician can place a small balloon under the skin, which is inflated so that the tattooed skin gradually stretches. Then they cut the stretched skin away.
Crap.

485. Cock fighting is a sexual sport.
Crap.

486. It is the warmest time of the day during the hour that the sun is the highest in the sky.
Fact.

487. Certain scientists specialize in studying cow farts.
Fact.

488. The brilliant colors (reds, oranges, yellows) across the sky that we get from sunsets are caused mainly by pollution.
Crap.

489. In Grimm's original fairy tale, Rapunzel is pregnant.
Fact.

490. Dracula was the first movie about a vampire.
Crap.

491. The inventors of Corn Flakes, the Kellogg brothers, ran a school for delinquent youth.
Fact.

492. "Kemo Sabe" means "soggy shrub" in Navajo.
Fact.

493. Sir Thomas Crapper invented the toilet.
Fact.

494. The Earl of Sandwich invented the Sandwich.
Crap.

495. Some Chinese alchemists were trying to invent an immortality medicine and accidentally invented gunpowder instead.
Fact.

496. The human body is made of about 99% water.
Crap.

497. Bubble gum contains rubber.
Fact.

498 This survey to the zero power = 0.
Fact.

499. Most lipstick contains fish scales.
Fact.

500. There are 86401 seconds in day.
Crap. There's 86,400.

No comments:

Post a Comment