Sunday, January 17, 2010

Letters

Dear neighbors,

Contrary to popular belief per the noise coming from my apartment, I am not hosting the next edition of WWF Raw. If you happen to hear something that sounds like two 250-pound men body slamming each other on the floor, don't worry. It's probably just me watching Mississippi State basketball. And Saturday, that is why you thought there was an 5.1 magnitude earthquake happening on Shades Mountain because I was just a bit frustrated that WE COULD NOT HOLD ONTO THE BALL OR GET A REBOUND.

Sincerely,

Suddenly way more passionate about MSU basketball than football
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Conan,

The past week has been one I'll never forget. I mean, I've always found you hilarious, but this week just took the cake. I've enjoyed your jabs at NBC and Jay Leno and if they kick you out and you move to FOX, you'll have at least one fan moving with you. Besides, I was a broadcasting major and, 2.5 million viewers sounds pretty darn good to me for a show that comes on while most people are going to sleep.

Love,

Someone who almost peed her pants laughing at least one a night this week
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear NBC and JayLeno,

You both screwed up. Jay, you gave your show to Conan. You can't take it back. It's called indian giving. And on the playground, that's like the worst thing you can do. Your show at 9 p.m. wasn't successful because it wasn't funny. And you are up against shows like Real Housewives of Orange County and 18 Kids and Counting. What do you expect? That's real entertainment. NBC? I think you should consider that you are toying with people's livelihood here.

Sincerely,

Team Conan
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Tony Romo,


I have to say, I was rooting for you. I was hoping you'd put Brett in his place. But, again, you just couldn't get it done. Let's hope Drew and Reggie can make it happen next week.


Love,

Bummed in Birmingham
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Jarvis Varnado,

You've made me fall in love with Mississippi State basketball all over again. You are my hero.

Sincerely,

A faithful fan forever

No comments:

Post a Comment