Tuesday, August 5, 2008

"It's not a too-mah!" - Kindergarten Cop

Today, I suffer from one of my bi-monthly headaches. I get a two-day headache about every too weeks and it makes me...worthless. I don't want to do anything. I joked with my sister once that maybe I had I tumor. She didn't think it was very funny, hence the title to this post. I guess I shouldn't joke about it either. My best friend, Billy Puckett, died from a brain tumor when we were in kindergarten. And no he was not imaginary. He was a real kid. We had a special memorial for him at our kindergarten graduation. I miss that kid. He was cool.

Since my headaches make me worthless, and right now I should be working on player bios and reading through the questionnaires that I have new players fill out every year, I decided try and answer some of the questions myself. I'll throw out the ones that actually have to do with playing a sport, since I don't and never have, and get to the good stuff.

Here goes...

Full name: Katherine Jane Walden

Name you prefer: Katie. Please, Katherine is so formal. Not that I don't like it. I love my name.

Birthdate: July 26, 1983

Father's name: Bobby Walden

Mother's name: Libby Walden

Do they live together?: Yep. For 35 years.

Hometown newspaper: The Clarion Liar...oops, I mean Ledger

High School: Forest Hill High School

Other sports played in high school: Does paper football count? No, really. "Other" would require me to have played at least one sport to start with. Not I. Dad says when I was little that I didn't like heat so he gave up on me playing anything where I would get hot. I almost played soccer my senior year when they started the girls' program but the coach and I didn't get along and it worked out well because I ended up playing Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz, fulfilling a life-long dream.

H.S. Athletic awards and honors: Really? The closest I got was captain of the cheerleading squad.

H.S. Academic awards and honors: I actually had lots of these. I won't go into detail.

Relatives who played college athletics: Dad was a defensive lineman (tackle, I think) at Mississippi State.

Hobbies: Singing, painting, watching TV

Your most memorable sports moment: Junior year, last game of the football season, Michael Harris takes a hard hit and is paralyzed. I did a follow-up story on him in the school paper the next year. He was determined to walk again.

In 10 years I'd like to be: A) Hopefully married. B) Running my own sports ministry or at least working for one. Anyone know anyone?

My pregame ritual is: Set up.

The strangest nickname I ever had was: It's a toss-up between "Bubbaette" and "G-Money".

My earliest sports memory was: Either my first Egg Bowl or a state (I think) championship soccer game my dad coached in.

The biggest obstacle I've had to overcome is: Having confidence in myself to do the things that I want to do, even when someone tells me I can't.

My parents were right when they said: Putting your faith in God is the most important thing you will ever do in your life.

I am proudest of: This year -- My parents. They've been through a lot together this year and have never given up on each other or God. In life -- The way that I've bounced back from adversity.

My biggest frustration has been: Not having the money or resources to accomplish my ultimate goal in life.

I can't imagine going a week without: Wow. Talking to my parents, text-messaging (actually did this in Honduras and it was brutal), bathing.

I have to admit, I'm really good at: putt-putt and making up words and convincing people that they are actually legit words. That's the writer in me!

My most prized possesion: my Bible (something that has become more prized in the last couple of years) and my photos

The hardest thing I've ever done is: Give up on someone.

If I could change something about myself it would be: NO MORE TWO-DAY HEADACHES!

My worst fear is: Drowning and losing loved ones

My craziest dream is: I once had a dream that I worked at Sea World.

Person (past of present) you would most like to meet: A lot of my athletes say, "Jesus," which makes my heart smile, but since I know that I will meet him one day, I'm going to say that I would like to me Prince William because I know that he would instantly fall in love with me. Seriously. We are soulmates.

Favorite sport besides the one you play: Football

Favorite place to eat: Cheesecake Factory, Olive Garden, O'Charleys, PF Changs, Pepper's

Favorite food: Shrimp, Crawfish and mashed potatoes (Not exactly together).

Favorite thing to do on a day off: Sleep, lay by the pool

Favorite movie: The Wizard of Oz

Favorite singer/group: After this weekend, Dave Matthews

Favorite Holiday: I like them all. Halloween was when William was born, Thanksgiving brings lots of food and a whole weekend of football, Christmas is when we celebrate Jesus' birth and we get presents, Easter, we are reminded of what Christ did for us and how he lives forever in those who choose to put their faith in Him, Fourth of July is just fun.

Favorite color: MAROON....WHITE...

Favorite Cartoon Character: I'm going to have to go with the Powerpuff Girls. They are just too funny.

Favorite actor or actress: I heart Matthew McConaughey and Amanda Bynes

Favorite Song: Signed, Sealed, Delivered

Favorite Book: Blue Like Jazz

Favorite Athlete: Andy Roddick and Dwayne Wade

That's it for me. I'm going to post about the Dave Matthews concert later when I can get my pictures uploaded.

1 comment:

  1. i ADORE this post. the dave matthews story is great too...but there's something wonderful about knowing your fave song is Signed, Sealed, Delivered. I love me some stevie.

    and prince william would love you to pieces. i agree.

    you are precious.

    ReplyDelete