Friday, August 8, 2008

Let the Games begin...

I just finished watching the 2008 Beijing Olympics opening ceremonies and I couldn't not (yes, I just used a double negative) blog about it. I'm in awe right now. Seriously, jaw on the jar. I cannot believe what I just watched. It was amazing!

I feel like I just watched the God of the Universe do something spectacular through humans. And I know that he did. I just hope that the people that were doing it, as well as the people who created it, realize where their talent came from.

It was the most immense display of creativity and culture I have ever seen. I feel bad for whoever has to top that. I mean, the Olympic Flame was lit by a man who flew (suspended by wires, of course) all the way around the top of the stadium while images of the torch tour were displayed on a scrim attached to the top of the stadium. Wow! That's all I can say.

This weekend is the last weekend I have to myself before work gets busy with football and volleyball starting. Then I will have no life until Thanksgiving. That is why it will be Katie's Lazy Weekend. I hope to not have to leave my house at all tomorrow and stay in my PJs and watch the Olympics all day long.

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree. It was incredible! We were in awe as well.

    ReplyDelete