Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's time for my list...

After reading everyone else's list of "Things You Can't Live Without", I starting thinking about the things that I really can't live without. At first I thought that there really isn't much that I can't live without. But then, I started thinking about all the things that make my life great, besides my family and friends. So here goes...

1. ICEEs and mashed potatoes - Not necessarily together. I love ICEEs and I'd get one every day if I could. And mashed potatoes are my favorite food. My Grandma used to make the most amazing mashed potatoes ever. Homemade. I never thought that I would find another recipe for mashed potatoes to top it. That is, until I went to Honduras. It was like eating clouds. So good. I don't know how they made it but I would have begged the women that made them to make them every day. They were soooo good!

2. The cellphone/text messaging - I really don't know what I would do without it. Most people know that I don't like talking on the phone so texting is a lifesaver for me. It's not that I HATE talking on the phone. I can definitely talk on the phone especially if its my parents or sister or a boyfriend. BUT...because of text messaging, gone are the days of calling someone to ask them a simple question and then getting into a long conversation. You just type the question, send it, and, TADA, you've got your answer. This is also good for me because I like to make sarcastic remarks and instead of saying it to myself when no one is around, I just send it to Casey, Bethany or Chris, all of whom usually appreciate it.

3. TV Remote Control - I hate commercials. Especially Alabama commercial. Sticks 'n Stuff is the worst. And Suzuki Man. There are maybe three commercials on TV that I will sit and watch. Mostly Sportscenter commercials. (The Michael Phelps one is classic). Anyway, when I commercial break comes up during my TV viewing, I immediately change the channel. The remote control makes this easier. I can't funtion if the remote doesn't function or if it is missing.

4. TV - Staying on the same page, I don't think I could live without TV. Actually, I know I could because I did it in Honduras. But it absolutely one of my pleasures in life. How else would I live vicariously through other people without Big Brother, American Idol, So You Think You Can Dance, Real World, Jon and Kate Plus Eight, Deadliest Catch, and The Hills. Also how would learn how do survive life or be a superhero without Grey's Anatomy, Heroes, Chuck, and 24. Or hone my gameshow skills without Wheel of Fortune. And not to mention the sports. Football, basketball, baseball, tennis, golf, the Olympics. Everything. The TV is on when I'm at home and it's on in my office.

5. The CHI/GVP - See my CHI post for background info. Even though I don't have crazy frizzy hair, I love this product and couldn't imagine not using it. Like Tricia told me once, "Once you CHI, you never quit." So true.

6. Coke/Dr. Pepper/Wild Cherry Pepsi - One of the three must be stocked in my house. I don't think I could go a day without just one.

7. Pepper's chips and rotel - Need I say more? Birmingham needs to get a Pepper's. McAlister's just doesn't cut it.

8. The internet - How else would I keep up with friends I haven't seen in years?

9. Flip flops - I don't like wearing shoes, and since I can't just go barefoot outside, this is the next best thing. My feet are suffering because if it. I have plantar fascitis in my left foot. I'm convinced there's just a huge crack in the bottom of my foot. Possibility?

10. My Bible - I've read more of my Bible in the past year than I think I have in my life. I just read when I'm bored and it's so good! There's some good stuff in that book people! Even in Deuteronomy and Judges. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment