Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Angels, Demons and Danny Gokey

First things first, Danny Gokey will always be MY American Idol Season 8. That is, unless Kris "with a K" Allen wins. Because y'all, his version of "Heartless" last night? So good, I downloaded the video.

And I'm downloading Danny's version of "You Are So Beautiful" as I type because oh. my. word. The goodness of it all. (Actually, I didn't download it because Hollie, the greatest person in the world, just downloaded it and shared it with me. Thanks Hollie!) I loved the gospel-esque take he put on it and the passion in which he sang it. Last night. And tonight.

And yes, I cried like a baby when they showed his video after he was voted off (even though Hollie should be credited with about 75 percent of Danny Gokey's votes). God has been glorified through this journey of his and I will most definitely be buying his first album. Even if it's country. Mark my words.

Now, we all have to go vote for Kris next week so that that crazy kid Adam doesn't win. I'm sorry but he's not an American Idol. Yes, he's talented and, yes, he's unique, but unique gets old really quickly. See how everybody though Taylor Hicks was so great (myself included) and unique and everything. You see where he ended up. On a national Broadway tour. In between albums. That haven't gone platinum like Carrie Underwood and Daughtry.

I'm just sayin'...

And if you didn't see the precious piece of work from Rwanda perform on AI tonight, you missed something special. This is Noah, and he learned this song in English in one week. This is a bootleg video from YouTube so it's just someone recording it from the TV but you still get to see the thing.



I love that song. It takes me back to high school.

Lastly, I got to see Angels and Demons tonight. For free. Yeah. That's how I roll. Ha. Kidding.

No, it wasn't a date. I seriously saw it for free. And yes, you're right. It doesn't come out until Friday. There was a preview tonight in Birmingham, like I'm sure there were in a lot of places around the country. But y'all, it was good. Real good.

I'm a sucker for get a clue, find a clue, find another clue and that leads to a crazy ending movies. And that's what this was. Plus, I love me some Tom Hanks. He's just precious. Even when he's playing an unbeliever.

But really. On the Walden Movie-ometer (Dad knows what this means), I really would give it a 8.26. I've been told that the book is so much better and trust me, I will be reading the book soon. Just as soon as I finish Marley and Me. And The DaVinci Code. See, I have this thing about watching book movies before I read them. I don't know.

Anyway, there were some very interesting points in the movie. I think my favorite quote was at the end when the cardinal said, "Religion is flawed because we are flawed." That's such a profound statement. Everyone expects Christianity to be the perfect religion with no holes in it, but the fact of the matter is, if Christianity were perfect, there would be no such thing as faith, and grace, and mercy. The only part of Christianity that is perfect is the One it was named after. I think it was Louie Giglio that said, "The was only one person in the world that got Christianity right. And they named it after him."

Be cautioned, though, if you do go see this movie, that there are some gruesome parts. As there were in The DaVinci Code.

So, to quote Tom from one of my favorite movies, "That's all I have to say about that."

No comments:

Post a Comment