Wednesday, May 6, 2009

TV Land

So, my family is hounding me about not blogging lately. First, it came from my sister and tonight, my dad asked me if I was giving it up. No. I'm not giving it up. I promise. I've definitely had some good, deep posts I've wanted to share but just haven't had the time or the energy to get them out of my head lately.

And frankly, my brain has been too fried lately to even think about trying to sit down and write out coherent sentences and paragraphs about what is going on in my head.

So, tonight, to appease those who have been craving more from this blog, I give you:

My thoughts on TV lately.

First, I will start with LOST because well, it's fresh on the brain. I just finished watching it and I even recorded it (on the VCR because I haven't invested in DVR yet but that's soon to change because y'all, So You Think You Can Dance starts on May 21 and that's a Thursday and Thursday is bible study night). Anyway, I recorded so that I could watch American Idol in its entirety because oh my gosh, No Doubt and Daughtry. On the same show. And so that I could fast forward through the commercials and rewind the parts that just needed to be viewed again.

Sooo...

Here are my thoughts. In bullet form:

  • I think the hydrogen bomb has something to do with the hatch and Desmond and all the number punching.
  • Did anyone else notice that Richard was with John Locke and Ben and "the others" on the beach AND with Jack, Sayid and Farraday's mother AT THE SAME TIME? What the holy hey?!?
  • And was it just me or did "the tunnels" look just like the place where Ben summoned "the beast" and was attacked by his daughter? (And yes, I'm making air quotes while typing the actual quotation marks because it's just that pertinent.)
  • Y'all, Jack loves some Kate. And I loved it when he said, "I love you back." Does that ring a bell? Didn't he say that on a scam one time a couple of seasons ago?
  • I had a fifth point but my A.D.D kicked in and I got sidetracked.
Onto American Idol...

Oh my goodness, how fun it was to see No Doubt back together again. I remember driving to cheerleading lessons with Lindsey Johnson and Brandi Dossett (sometimes) out at TumbleCheer (I think that's what it was called) sitting in the back of Mrs. Johnson's car singing "I'm Just A Girl" and "Spiderwebs". Love it.

Also, Paula's little performance wasn't that bad either until she started crawling around at the top of the stage. It kind of gave me a glimpse of what Britney Spears would be like a about 15 years. That's a compliment.

Please, oh Lord, I pray that Adam doesn't make it to the finals. I knew that Chris would move on because well, he's precious and he's totally got the girl vote. And Hollie single-handedly saved Danny with her 147 votes last night. Looks like hard work really does pay off. I'm sad to see Allyson go. I cried a little. But I'm happy that Chris and Danny are still there. They are my pick for final two. In a perfect world. With no Adam.

And finally, did y'all see this?

It's the promo for a brand spankin' new show on ABC called Flash Forward. It's like so new that it hasn't really even been picked up yet. But it looks, oh so good! Here's the description.

Chew on that for a bit.

That's all she wrote, folks.

Until we met again...


1 comment:

  1. I was wondering what those clips were! I saw some last week and tried to google what it was but nothing came up then.

    I'm definitely looking forward to one day watching the entire series of Lost knowing the ending so I can catch everything I'm missing now. It's so dang crazy. Geeze, every Wednesday night it takes me forever to fall asleep because I'm trying to figure it all out!

    ReplyDelete