Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Blog-Linkity Goodness 9.1.09

A few interwebby gems to wet your appetite this fine Tuesday.

Andy Merrick is back on the blogging scene after a six month hiatus and I was so excited to see a new post from him yesterday. Today's was even better. As Bon Jovi would say...shot through the heart.

This edition of Bryan Allain's Ramblings is so classic. I tried to pick a favorite and I couldn't. That's how good it is. Read. Laugh. Love.

Everyone is always trying to get that perfect picture of themselves. I love photography. I love taking pictures. And I always have my point-and-shoot stashed in my purse just for those special photo ops. Jeremy Cowart is an incredible photographer that has come up with an awesome idea to give everyone a chance to get that one perfect picture of themselves...for free. Check it out here.

This girl won the lottery when she was sixteen and spent it all on fake boobs, drugs and about 50 new wardrobes. A lesson to the English, this is why you have to be 21 or older to play the lottery in the United States. We can't keep people from making dumb choices, but we can at least give them a chance to educate themselves first.

This one is for my mom and sister. They're all about eating some cookie dough fresh out of the package. This lady is dying from it. Lesson learned. This is why we BAKE the dough before we eat it.

And last but not least:

(And I usually don't comment this much but I just can't help myself today...)

Someone sew this lady up. We've all heard of the Duggars, right? And if you haven't, then you're obviously not watching enough TLC. The Duggars, who currently have 18 children -- the oldest who is recently married and is expecting grandbaby numero uno with said wife this fall, the youngest who is a mere eight months (EIGHT MONTHS) -- recently announced on the Today Show that they were expecting their 19th child -- NINETEENTH CHILD!!! -- on March 18th.

Now I'm no family expert and I'm in no position to say anything about how many children one should have, lest judge, but for the love of all that is good and holy and for the sake of maternal sanity, why -- dear Lord, tell me why -- would you want to birth 19 children?!?!

Have you seen this woman? She has to have the most sweet, compassionate, mild-tempered personality I've ever seen a woman have, much less a woman with 18 children. God knows I love my momma, but I'm pretty sure two was enough for her. I'm sure that if she had even had two of ME, it might have driven her to the crazy side of Bananas Avenue.

But I've become a little suspicious of the fact that Mrs. Duggar is so incredibly sweet and mild-tempered and have thought once or twice or 33 times that she might have a never-ending epidural hangover going on. There might be a little (or a lot) bit of the happy juice still flowing through her veins.

Someone needs to do a scientific experiment on this woman. She's got some crazy supernatural fertility going on. She could be a superhero. Fertile Woman. The Super Baby-Maker. Someone call the Greeks because we've just found their goddess of fertility right here in the U.S. of A.

But seriously, God bless the Duggars. My hat is off to a family that can do what they do and give God the glory for it. I don't really know a lot about their religious beliefs but I do know that they strive to do everything in their life according to God's will. And those are my kind of people.

Just don't call me to babysit.

No comments:

Post a Comment