Wednesday, May 16, 2007

American Idol Recap

Okay, first can I say...Blake is really getting on my nerves. I have nothing against him and his family. His dad is actually pretty cute and the whole thing about him never being able to show his parents what he could do because they died when he was young was really touching. And he won mad props from me with the whole Sir Mix-a-lot thing also. But seriously, the beat-boxing bit is getting a little old. Justin Timberlake can do it and it's pretty awesome, but he doesn't put it in EVERY SINGLE SONG HE SINGS! Blake, give it break! People are a little annoyed by your dire need to become the next JT. You're good. You kicked the Maroon 5 songs butt last night! But one favor...can you sing a song without pop-locking? Because you do the same move everytime and it's driving me crazy! Could you just sing a song without moving or maybe even just walk across the stage like a normal human being? The pop-lock and beat-boxing was cute at first, but you'vev kinda gone a little overboard with it. It's a little "played out." Congrats on making the finals, but Melinda really deserves to be in your spot. I think Sir Mix-a-lot was your ticket to the finals. (Here's Blake doing the beat-box low key.)

Speaking of Melinda...sweet Melinda. I hated to see her go. American Idol has never seen a talent like that since Jennifer Hudson. I still keep to my word that Lakeshia will be the next Jennifer Hudson, but if you didn't like Melinda then you don't know what being a sing is. I know America started getting tired of her innocent "Who me?" facial expressions and everything, but speaking as wanna-be backup singer and the child who has been in the shadow of her amazing sister's musical ability all of her life, it still shocks you when the spotlight is actually on you and people are actually giving YOU compliments and telling YOU how amazing you are. Good job Melinda! Plus, I think she is adorable. She reminds me of a little brown Glo-Worm. Do you remember those?

Too bad you were just another victim of the Cowell Curse. Whichever contest Simon likes, America stings along and votes off at the last minute. People...when Simon actually gives a positive remark, that's when you listen to him. I'm sad to see you go but you won't need American Idol to get a recording contract. The day that AI releases you from their bonds, there will be labels waiting in line to sign your amazing talent. P.S. You have the perfect voice for a gospel album. Just a suggestion.

And last but not least...did anyone see how GREAT Elliot Yamin looked tonight? He's a completely different person. Thank God for AI because without it, he wouldn't have the most perfect veneers ever. I have to admit that last season I didn't really like him because of his appearance. I would actually close my eyes when he would sing because he has an amazing voice but he wasn't actually a sight for sore eyes. He looks INCREDIBLE now! He's quite the cutie! He's got perfect (however, fake) pearly whites and a curly shag do that would drive any girl wild. And if you know me, you know my obsession with curly hair...especially on boys. I'm so proud of him...I think I'll go add him on Myspace.

Anyway, that's my shpill for tonight. I'm rooting for Jordin, who also has an amazing voice for a 17-year-old. Plus, her dad played pro football. Go Jordin!

No comments:

Post a Comment