Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Only you can prevent forest fires! Not when lightning strikes!

Okay, so for the past several weeks the Florida-Georgia border has been in flames due to what has been called lightning strikes. And because the wind has been blowing, not only is the fire spreading but the smoke is making its presence known as far as Birmingham, Ala. This is causing some problems for me. I have this thing (I have quite figured out what it is yet) where I get headaches (big, ginormous, migraine-type headaches) every two weeks. I told my sister it could be a "toomah" (in my best Schwarzenegger voice). She didn't think it was funny, hit me, and told me never to say it again. Anyway, so they headaches have become more frequent because obviously my body isn't used to all the smoke. Or at least it's not used to all the burning wood smell. The smell has even made it's way into my office! It kinda sucks! I mean besides the headaches thing, the air and the sky are so hazey. It makes it kind of hard to see.

Anyway, all this talk about forest fires has conjured up memories of our good friend Smokey Bear. I remember when he used to come to my elementary school. We'd have an assembly and everything. You know, if you were luck enough to attend a fine institution that was a part of the Jackson Public School District, you'd know that we have assemblies at the drop of a hat. Smokey Bear was one of my favs. He's so lovable!


This blog has no point. I'm just writing because I'm bored at work and I'm tired of racking my brain on how to write a season review for a team that went 6-24 this year. "It'll come," I keep telling myself. It better come by tomorrow because tomorrow's my last day until August 1 and I'm not planning on doing much SID work over the summer. Especially not in June. They don't have internet connection in Honduras...do they?

No comments:

Post a Comment