Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Summer Woes

Ok...so it's become apparent to me that this summer is going to be filled with me trying to find things to do. After no one wanted to hire me for a full-time position, I'm convinced the only reason Samford asked me to stay one more year as an intern is because they felt utter pity for me and knew how much I wanted to stay in Birmingham. Nevermind the slight possibility of a full-time position in May 2008. But seriously, since my internship is only 10 months and it ends on May 31st and picks back up on August 1st, I have to find some way to make money during my "off-season" of June and July. I, of course, could lifeguard and teach swim lessons -- which is something I could do all day long, considering it requires me to be in or around a pool for most of the day. But first I have to get recertified. But wait...that costs money too! Geez!

I've been taking suggestions of what I could do to make money. My mom says I should babysit for my neighbors, since 8 out of 10 houses on my street house children who are the age of 3 or under. After all, it might be good birth control.

She also said I could take my cousin's daughter how to swim, but I have this problem with taking money from my family for things that I can do out of the goodness of my heart.

My roommate says work at Starbucks, after all, employees to get a share of their stock. But considering that I'm not a coffee drinker, nor do I really like the smell of coffee, I'm thinking that this one is a "no-go".


Gap is always an option. Discounts on clothes that actually fit me at a store that I don't HATE to shop in. I think I could do it.

Chris told me I should wait tables somewhere. Something deep down inside me says, "Absolutely not," seeing as my patience on a regular day is all-time low and my sarcasm increases by the minute. I'm not really sure I'd last one day.
Okay, so enough talk about jobs. What am I going to watch? My beloved "24", "Grey's Anatomy" and "The Office" are gone for the summer. "AI" is done after tomorrow night and I'll can only catch reruns of "Heroes" on the Sci-Fi channel - a channel that I don't have here in Birmingham. "Lost" is coming to a close and I've just started to get what it actually going on. What am I going to watch?!?!

There is "So You Think You Can Dance?" premiering Thursday, that's a possibility. And "America's Got Talent" is about to come back on. But with Jerry Springer as host and Sharon Osborne as a judge...I'm sure the quality of this season of the show isn't going to be "top notch". Jerry seems to always attrack people who should be clinically institutionalized and Sharon...well she's just annoying. Not to mention, nothing is a good without Regis.

Oh, well. Maybe they will start another cycle of Project Runway. They showed reruns of last season they other day and I forgot how much I really love that show. Make it work!

No comments:

Post a Comment