Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I Cheated And I Lied And I Left The Cap Off The Toothpaste...

Not really. It's just one of those random TV/movie quotes that pops into my head every now and then. This one is courtesy of "Saved By The Bell: The College Years." Very random.

Anyway, I did cheat though. A while back I said that I wasn't going to listen to Christmas music until Nov. 1. I was holding myself to that. There have been recent moments of weakness but still, I've kept strong.

Until last night. It was just too cold on my way home from work. I left work at 7:30 last night. It was dark. It was dark and cold. It was dark and cold and windy. When it's cold, one of the only things that makes me feel warm and toasty inside (besides a cup of yummy Wassel and a fire) is Christmas music. There's just something about it.

Soooo...I cracked open the CD case and pulled out my most favorite - Avalon's Joy: A Christmas Collection, put it in the CD player of my car and played track four. "Jesus Born On This Day". Also made famous by Mariah Carey. MiMi ain't got nothin' on Avalon's version of this song. It's so much better. Anyway, that song is followed up by one of the best version's of "Winter Wonderland", then "Light A Candle", "Good News", "The Christmas Song" (also a great version) and "We Are The Reason" (fantabulous version). That last song is one of the best. It really does remind you of what the season is all about.

"We are the reason that He gave his life. We are the reason that He suffered and died. To a world that was lost, He gave all He could give, to show us the reason to live."

If that doesn't get in your gut and wiggle around a little bit, I don't know what will.

So anyway, I cheated but I have no regrets. 'Twas all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment